There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

Going back to work on March 1 wasn't as hard for me as I'm sure it is for a lot of people. I enjoyed being home, but was ready to get back to work... and, I think more than anything to begin real life and do our best to try and figure it all out.

Jon is still home, so we've decided that Mary Grace will stay with him while Jackson goes to school full-time again. We had pulled Jackson out to three-days a week last fall, but that change was very hard on him... he stared hating going to school and wanted to stay "me and you" every day. Once the baby was born, Jackson went back to school full-time and got back into the groove very quickly.

We had planned for Mary Grace to stay home all week with Jon, but the very first week I went back to work, Tots offered us one day a week for Mary Grace - on Fridays - for a great price. We love this facility and the women in the baby room and were thrilled to be able to get Mary Grace in, even if only for one day a week. She gets great exposure to other people, friends, and routines, and Jon gets a break, too. So far, it's working really well.

The hardest part for me of getting back to real life is the constant shortage of time. This is always an issue for me, but even more so now with two kiddos to play with, take care of, and love. And, I know I have to take care of myself... get off this baby weight (again). I have to get back into the groove of exercising and re-establishing the habit, but boy does that make evenings short. I see Mary Grace for just a couple hours in the evening before she goes to bed, and just another extra hour with Jack before he goes down. And, then... at most another hour before I'm falling face first into my own pillow... It's getting easier, but some days are rough.

We're figuring it all out... and, I know things will become smoother as we develop routines and a schedule that works for all of us. But, right now, real life is hard... Fun, crazy, sometimes hilarious, sometimes frustrating beyond belief, too... but, I wouldn't have it any other way right now... we're exactly where we're supposed to be.


This entry was posted on Monday, March 01, 2010 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: