There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

Thanksgiving was a quiet affair at our house this year... it was just the four of us this year. We prepared a full-on Thanksgiving feast, Jon and I went Black Friday shopping - OMG, daycare was open!! - and we took the kids into the city for the first time to check out the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. And, of course, we ended the weekend with putting up the Christmas tree.

First things first, I have to show off some of the kiddos Thanksgiving artwork.

First up is Jack's:











































































And, the awesome turkey hand!



















Mary Grace's turkey hand was lost on its way out of daycare (made me sad), but here is her cool feather turkey and a totem pole.





































Pilgrim puppets :)



















We got up and out pretty early Saturday to head to the museum. It was the kids' first trip on the metro, too :)











































Once we got downtown, we had to get a shot on the Mall... the kids were not feeling it. It was too bright, lol.















When I see this one of Jon and I, I can't help but caption it, "We're Back!"















The Natural History Museum















Jack was pretty impressed with the elephant in the rotunda, but it did not compare with his reaction to the dinosaurs... I thought he was going to have a cow.


























































I'm happy to say we survived our first outing into DC... it's my hope that we take better advantage of things this go-round and I'd like to do one "touristy" thing with the kids at least once a month.

Sunday evening, we put the tree up. Sunday wasn't a great day for me, and I was a bit homesick and sad... but, the following Monday, I got a much-needed lift from some great friends. But, I did capture a couple pics of us decorating.

































.


This entry was posted on Sunday, November 27, 2011 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: