There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

One of the coolest parts of moving back to Maryland is reconnecting with some of the friends we left behind nearly 5 years ago.

Lisa and Josh are friends we hung out with pretty regularly back in the day. Lisa and I met - of all places - via a get-together organized on the Weight Watchers message board and then she and I were in a book club together. We got together pretty frequently and she graciously hosted my baby shower for Jackson right before we left Maryland. We had kept in touch via email and Facebook, and I was really glad to finally pull together an outing for us to see each other again.

This time, we also got to introduce a bunch of kids! Lisa had met Jackson when he was quite little when her work brought her to Tennessee, but other than that one time, we had only seen each others' kids in pictures. She and Josh have Carter, who is 2 and a half, and a brand new 2-month-old, Caleb.

With so many little ones, we decided to keep things simple and we met at Lisa and Josh's to get reaquainted and to give the kids a chance to get to know each other a bit. From there, we went to lunch at Chick-fil-a and had some play time.

It was great to catch up and get updates on other folks I hadn't kept in as good of touch with. And, it was great to see how different our outing was since our families have expanded so much. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of our outing, but I'm hoping we'll have more in the future - especially as the weather gets warmer and we can hit up some playgrounds. I'm also hopeful that Lisa and I will be able to sneak away without the kids or guys, too :)


This entry was posted on Sunday, December 04, 2011 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: