Jackson has developed quite an independent streak in the last few weeks.
Lately, it has manifested in his pitching an absolute fit when we try to dress him in short-sleeves. To avoid this - and, to help develop his self-esteem, yadda yadda - we let him pick out what he wants to wear.
Well, Wednesday he came home from school and I thought he had had a blow-out and had to wear his "back-up" clothes... you know, the ones we brought to school back in October, the ones we don't like, the ones for in case he gets poop on his real clothes.
I was wrong. Jackson had picked his own clothes out that morning.
Because he looked like such a doofus, with shirt too tight, belly hanging out, and 80's pleated pants (I know, these items shouldn't even be available as an option, but hand-me-downs help!), I had to capture the ensemble.
I think at this point, he knew he had made a bad choice because he was upset about getting his picture taken. Note the poof of pants :)
A close up and full belly shot:
Lately, it has manifested in his pitching an absolute fit when we try to dress him in short-sleeves. To avoid this - and, to help develop his self-esteem, yadda yadda - we let him pick out what he wants to wear.
Well, Wednesday he came home from school and I thought he had had a blow-out and had to wear his "back-up" clothes... you know, the ones we brought to school back in October, the ones we don't like, the ones for in case he gets poop on his real clothes.
I was wrong. Jackson had picked his own clothes out that morning.
Because he looked like such a doofus, with shirt too tight, belly hanging out, and 80's pleated pants (I know, these items shouldn't even be available as an option, but hand-me-downs help!), I had to capture the ensemble.
I think at this point, he knew he had made a bad choice because he was upset about getting his picture taken. Note the poof of pants :)

0 comments: