I'm really tired this evening, and when I move after sitting for too long, I feel like I'm 80, but I'm really happy and proud of myself for running (with walking of course) 12.41 miles this morning.
This is our last long run before the race and we car-pooled to Nashville to join the Nashville and Williamson County teams. We actually ran a chunk of the actual race course, which is also cool. It's nice to get a feel of where we will be going.
I was dreading - I mean seriously dreading - the 12 miles, but had decided I was going to do it and if I walked the whole damn thing, that was okay. I started off slow, but after about a mile and a half, began to run and ran quite a bit for the next 7 or 8 miles. Once I hit the 9 mile mark, though, I was feeling it and walked the vast majority of the remaining miles.
It was a good run, but a bit challenging on a new course with open streets. We had turn by turn directions, but it was an out and back, so coming back was a bit more complicated. There were street name changes that casued some problems and a very small street sign that I missed my turn for (hence the extra .41 miles)... but, the course is beautiful. It winds through great old neighborhoods with just gorgeous homes and we went right by Belmont University where the Presidential debates were held and down Music Row, past the naked people statue, over two interstates I drive fairly frequently. Overall, it was a pretty cool morning.
But, the day went all to running. I was up at 5, running by 7 and done by about 10:15 (actual time, I think was 3:10 or so), and home around noon. But, then it was shower and nap until 4. And, even now, I'm just wiped out. Thinking about bed at 9 on a Saturday night.
So, that's my running report. I'm ECSTATIC this is the last long one before the race and also happy the race is only three weeks away. I'll be glad when it's here and after I can concentrate on lower-mileage and less time consuming races.
Anyone want to start planning for 5ks?
This is our last long run before the race and we car-pooled to Nashville to join the Nashville and Williamson County teams. We actually ran a chunk of the actual race course, which is also cool. It's nice to get a feel of where we will be going.
I was dreading - I mean seriously dreading - the 12 miles, but had decided I was going to do it and if I walked the whole damn thing, that was okay. I started off slow, but after about a mile and a half, began to run and ran quite a bit for the next 7 or 8 miles. Once I hit the 9 mile mark, though, I was feeling it and walked the vast majority of the remaining miles.
It was a good run, but a bit challenging on a new course with open streets. We had turn by turn directions, but it was an out and back, so coming back was a bit more complicated. There were street name changes that casued some problems and a very small street sign that I missed my turn for (hence the extra .41 miles)... but, the course is beautiful. It winds through great old neighborhoods with just gorgeous homes and we went right by Belmont University where the Presidential debates were held and down Music Row, past the naked people statue, over two interstates I drive fairly frequently. Overall, it was a pretty cool morning.
But, the day went all to running. I was up at 5, running by 7 and done by about 10:15 (actual time, I think was 3:10 or so), and home around noon. But, then it was shower and nap until 4. And, even now, I'm just wiped out. Thinking about bed at 9 on a Saturday night.
So, that's my running report. I'm ECSTATIC this is the last long one before the race and also happy the race is only three weeks away. I'll be glad when it's here and after I can concentrate on lower-mileage and less time consuming races.
Anyone want to start planning for 5ks?

1 comments:
Stefanie said...
Great job on the 12.41 miles. I can't believe that your 2nd half marathon is only 3 weeks away. You are doing awesome!
The Middle Half is scheduled for October 3rd. I see another long race in your future!