There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

I had my first sonogram for this baby on August 6... it seems crazy to me that this has come and gone already. So far, for me, the biggest difference in this pregnancy is how fast it seems to be going... it's just flying.

By far, the best part of the sonogram and what I was looking the most forward to, is just getting to see the baby for the first time... to see the parts are there and the baby moving. It makes it so much more real.

Here's a good shot of her profile:















And, little baby foot:















And, this one... well, she moves A LOT. So did Jack :) We were with the sonogram tech for a complete hour as she was trying every which way to get the measurements she needed... and, even then, she couldn't get them all and I go back next week for another one!

The first time the tech went in the direction of the nether regions... I thought I saw girl parts - and, later Jon said he thought he saw girl parts - but, the tech apparently wasn't convinced. Later, when we tried again... well the parts were even more obvious this time. She's a girl!















Here's a quick clip of the baby moving... I LOVE that we get the images digitally this time and even a few video clips. I love technology!!


I especially love this clip because in the few weeks since we had the sonogram, her activity has increased so much... I feel her all the time! And, once she moved so violently, I thought she broke free in there... it's nice to be reminded in such a physical way that she's doing well in there :) Makes me happy to feel her.

Oh, yeah, and I really like being able to call her a her. No more IT!

PS. Shout-out to my girl, Mary, who is delivering (delivered?) today!!


This entry was posted on Thursday, August 27, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: