There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

For our July social, the women of Delta Zeta met for brunch during the first weekend of August :)

We met up at a local cafe called Goodness Gracious. We'd had an event at this restaurant before, but since then, it had moved into a old, Victorian house right off of the square (downtown Murfreesboro). The new location matches the homey atmosphere of the establishment. And, it's very girly :)

Without planning, we all kind of dressed up for brunch, which made it feel a bit special. And, we also used this social as our Secret Sister reveal. All year, I had been getting the best cards - cards with thoughtful notes that made me feel good - and, didn't know who was sending them. I had an idea, but was proven wrong. Thanks, Amanda, for your encouragement throughout the year. For my reveal gift, she gave me an awesome notepad and Sharpie pen (I have a thing for stationary items, lol) and a friendship sign that I have up at work... helps to remind me some days that there are more important things than the drama at the office.

Anyway, this was our last social of the 2009/2010 sorority year. It had been a challenging year with lots of transitions and change, but was also one where I think as an organization, we've come into our own.

Here's a pic of (most of) the DZ girls at brunch.












.


This entry was posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: