There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

My July Ina recipe was Middle Eastern Vegetable Salad. I found this one in my newest Ina cookbook, How Easy Is That?.

I had fresh tomatoes (either from Christy's garden or the farm stand) left from our taco salad night the evening before, which was a treat. With the tomatoes, the recipe calls for English cucumbers, garbanzo beans, green onions, parsley, mint, and basil. I got to use the basil from my own plant :) And, of course feta :)

For whatever reason, I tend to be drawn to these Greek flavors. This salad had many of the same flavors that the Roasted Shrimp and Orzo salad had, though I like that it was lighter and more veggie based. It was delish and super easy. I think it would be a great salad to bring to a cookout or a potluck, too... different, but not crazy.

Next time, I think I could cut the feta in half... it was just a bit too much and I think I would enjoy it even more with more cucumber and less feta. It would help the calories and fat, too.


This entry was posted on Saturday, July 30, 2011 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: