There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

February was an interesting month for us. It was my first full month as acting chief for my staff, so I was trying to get things at work figured out and learn the ropes of some new responsibilities. Jon was contacted for a great job opportunity and is deep in their hiring process, so that's promising, too. And, of course with all that new stuff, we have the normal, every day stuff, too. The kids are showing off new stuff they do nearly every day and we are trying to sneak in the fun stuff whenever we can.

Early in the month, we were looking forward to heading to Uncle Andy's for his Super Bowl party to watch the rematch of the NY Giants and the stinking New England Patriots. Sadly, little miss got sick that day and we stayed home, but we made some football dip and watched the game - GO GIANTS - together. Madonna's half-time show as a big hit with the kids... here's a shot of their "wardrobe malfunction," lol.















I had my first travel trip for work since taking this position, and while I wasn't necessarily looking forward to it, it ended up being a good trip. I did miss Valentine's Day at home... but, the kids enjoyed their parties without me and came home with a TON of goodies - a haul. Craziness what some parents are doing for V-Day!

The kids' school also celebrated Mardi Gras :) We decorated masks and a cool crown for Jackson. And, Jack's class also made a joker-type hat.



































Late last month, Toby also got some work-related news. He got a new job working for a company he is super excited about. So, that meant he will no longer be working on a contract with VA, which I know he's happy about, but which also means we won't be working in the same building or on the same network like we have been. The job is in Arlington, and he and I went out on a Sunday to look at a new apartment, literally, across the street from his new office. The views of downtown DC are fabulous, and I'm hopeful something good opens up for him. Regardless, it was fun to apartment shop!

Toby came over for dinner after. Here's a pic of him and the kids watching The Funny Show, aka America's Funniest Home Videos :)















Toby also celebrated his last day working with VA by taking us out to lunch at Ping Pong Dim Sum. I was fully expecting to treat him, but he went all fancy pants and even got us a driver (using Uber DC), so we looked quite the pair about town. We had a great lunch and it was a ton of fun - Toby rocks :)

We ended the month with a sick Jackson - he slept for nearly a whole day before getting back to normal - and mild weather, which is bringing on the dafodils. I had completely forgotten how much I love this early introduction to spring! The best part is they just grow randomly... I see them on the side of the interstate on my way home and we have a clump growing in our front yard... no blooms on those ones yet, but they're coming soon!














And, just a couple shots of the kiddos that didn't make it anywhere else :)





























.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: