American Idol is one of our family-favorite shows. We watch it every week, and the kiddos, especially Jackson, enjoys it, too. This season, the talent was great, and Jack had his first real favorite - Murfreesboro boy, Colton.
When Colton got voted off, Jackson was traumatized. He cried himself to sleep that night.
Also, this year, the winning single, Home by Philip Philips is just one of the greatest songs ever... and, my favorite contestant, Joshua Ledett, was so fabulous... when the tour tickets went on sale, I couldn't help myself.
I don't think Jackson really understood what he was in for... I told him that we were going, and he was excited, but since he'd never been to a concert before, I don't think he understood what one was.
The concert was on a Wednesday, so I left work a bit early to pick him up. We made our way downtown, had dinner at the Green Turtle next door to the Verizon Center, then made our way to our seats.
Here is Jackson at our seats with the stage behind him before the show.
And, it finally started!!
The show was pretty loud, but Jack was definitely excited to see the guys we know when they came on stage. I love Idol because I get to sing along most of the time... and, many of the contestents did songs that they performed during the season. Somebody was a big hit for us since that's one of our songs of the year, and we heard it first on the show.
Finally, Colton sang... here he is singing Piano Man, a hit performance from the season.
And, here is my guy, Joshua. LOVE.
At intermission, we still hadn't caught a glimse of Philip Philips. He had been sick and I wondered if we would get to see him at all... but, finally during the second half, he came out.
Here he is singing Home.
I think Jack enjoyed it - though, it was very loud and I don't think he was a huge fan. Also, he kept telling me to stop singing and dancing, lol. I had to tell him that wasn't going to happen, lol.
After the show, I broke down and bought a $35 t-shirt - I was strong prior to the concert and even through the intermission, but didn't make it home without the t-shirt.
Being a Wednesday, we were both tired after the concert... Jack was wiped out!

The concert was great... I loved having a partner in AI crime to go to the show with :) What a great first concert to share with him!
When Colton got voted off, Jackson was traumatized. He cried himself to sleep that night.
Also, this year, the winning single, Home by Philip Philips is just one of the greatest songs ever... and, my favorite contestant, Joshua Ledett, was so fabulous... when the tour tickets went on sale, I couldn't help myself.
I don't think Jackson really understood what he was in for... I told him that we were going, and he was excited, but since he'd never been to a concert before, I don't think he understood what one was.
The concert was on a Wednesday, so I left work a bit early to pick him up. We made our way downtown, had dinner at the Green Turtle next door to the Verizon Center, then made our way to our seats.
Here is Jackson at our seats with the stage behind him before the show.
And, it finally started!!
The show was pretty loud, but Jack was definitely excited to see the guys we know when they came on stage. I love Idol because I get to sing along most of the time... and, many of the contestents did songs that they performed during the season. Somebody was a big hit for us since that's one of our songs of the year, and we heard it first on the show.
Finally, Colton sang... here he is singing Piano Man, a hit performance from the season.
And, here is my guy, Joshua. LOVE.
At intermission, we still hadn't caught a glimse of Philip Philips. He had been sick and I wondered if we would get to see him at all... but, finally during the second half, he came out.
Here he is singing Home.
I think Jack enjoyed it - though, it was very loud and I don't think he was a huge fan. Also, he kept telling me to stop singing and dancing, lol. I had to tell him that wasn't going to happen, lol.
After the show, I broke down and bought a $35 t-shirt - I was strong prior to the concert and even through the intermission, but didn't make it home without the t-shirt.
Being a Wednesday, we were both tired after the concert... Jack was wiped out!
The concert was great... I loved having a partner in AI crime to go to the show with :) What a great first concert to share with him!

0 comments: