There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

August turned out to be a pretty big month for us... the highlights are: 
  • Early in the month, Uncle Ben made his way back to Maryland and is staying with us, again.
  • Kindergarten started this month... so, we had school shopping to do and all that came with Jack's first day.
  • We said goodbye to our friends at Little People and started meeting new friends at Bright Eyes.
  • I got a promotion.  I started as an Executive Assistant in the front office of Compensation Service in early August... still figuring out what that means, but I'm ton busier!
  • Speaking of work... Jon's schedule is pretty brutal. He's traveling and we're trying to get used to most evenings on our own until at least 7 p.m. or so. I HATE doing dinner.
  • Jackson is starting to take showers!  I'm hoping he's getting clean enough, but it's really nice to shift some of the bathing responsibilities on to him!
  • Mary Grace made us laugh by complaining that she had a stomach "egg."
  • I joined Jazzercise and find that I really like it... the nicest surprise is that they use very current, popular music. I exercise to songs like Call Me, Maybe and songs by Train and Usher. I love it!
  • The kids and I got locked out of the house because I grabbed Jon's set of keys - which didn't have a house key on them (??!!)... we did get to have a picnic on the steps, even though the crap McD's forgot one of the kids' nuggets. Seriously? 

  • And, we loved seeing Jackson's Hulk drawing we sent to Auntie Crystal on her fridge!




And, here are just a few pics of us having a good time at the Small Park
































And, the Adventure Park








And, at home



















And, some art






















This entry was posted on Friday, August 31, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: