This month, I may have only finished one book, but OMG was a it a good one. A big thank you for my friend, Kathy B., who mentioned Game of Thrones (A Song of Fire and Ice #1) by George R.R. Martin a few months back. This is definitely not the type of book I normally pick up - I am not a big fan of fantasy - but, I picked it up for myself for Christmas on her suggestion... and, I'm glad I did :)
It. Was. So. Good. Seriously, I rated it a 5 on my goodreads.com site, which come few and far between. I think the historical-like aspects of it (knights, lords, swords, etc.) got me past the fantasy parts (dragons, giants, and haunted forests, etc.)... and, the story was just enthralling. For 800+ pages.
There are a ton of characters to keep straight, but I didn't have too much of a problem after the first couple hundred pages. And, the characters are great. My favorite is Tyrion, a smarty pants dwarf from the "bad" family... but, he is awesome.
So, I finished the book and the next time I was in Target, I had to buy the 2nd one... you KNOW a book is good if I buy it, at full-price no less. On to the next installment...
It. Was. So. Good. Seriously, I rated it a 5 on my goodreads.com site, which come few and far between. I think the historical-like aspects of it (knights, lords, swords, etc.) got me past the fantasy parts (dragons, giants, and haunted forests, etc.)... and, the story was just enthralling. For 800+ pages.
There are a ton of characters to keep straight, but I didn't have too much of a problem after the first couple hundred pages. And, the characters are great. My favorite is Tyrion, a smarty pants dwarf from the "bad" family... but, he is awesome.
So, I finished the book and the next time I was in Target, I had to buy the 2nd one... you KNOW a book is good if I buy it, at full-price no less. On to the next installment...


0 comments: