The only thing getting me through this week is the fact that we're going on vacation for a week on Saturday.
It has just been crazy. Monday, I got to work and found out I was acting boss because my supervisor is out of the office this week... not a big deal, but wasn't expecting it. And, of course, for that reason I have a request for a briefing paper in my inbox waiting for me. Again, not a big deal but STRESSFUL - when I was expecting to just have a quiet week. Then, they converted our computers to XP last week and nothing was set up on my computer.. no personal folders in email, printers not set up, email signatures gone. Again, not a big deal but it takes my non-IRM self a few minutes to figure out how to fix everything again... And, then... the Western Area went down and I couldn't get into Cleveland to monitor....
And, then Tuesday got worse. Cleveland came back up, but the calls I thought were going to get covered last Friday when I was out - were not - so, I find myself 10 calls behind (for those that don't know, I monitor for quality and training purposes). I finally get started to monitoring, but when I replayed my third call to catch something I missed, I discovered that my recording software was malfunctioning and it was completely not understandable. Okay, at that point, I started freaking out. Our program analyst was out until Wednesday and I was pretty much just stuck waiting for her.
Oh, did I mention we're leaving on vacation Saturday morning - EARLY - and, I am not any kind of prepared.
So, here is Wednesday. At least today my software got fixed, the EAREA was up... but, another acting assignment was delivered to my email and I had to sit in on conference call about which I knew nothing. Sigh. I did get four calls monitored today... so, I only have 16 calls to try to cram in by the end of the week....
And, then tonight, I get home. Jon is sick which is bad in and of itself, but we had our follow-up appointment with our financial planner... so, there went that meeting, cancelling with only an hour's notice. Sigh. And, Jack isn't eating anything other than fruit and screaming. ALOT.
Okay, I have to start packing... or at least make a list about what I need to pack.

0 comments: