There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

Labor Day weekend snuck up on us this year... where did the summer go?

That Saturday sure felt like summer, though. It was super hot and we had a group yard sale planned at the Jordans house that morning. Jon helped me pack up the van Friday night, and early Saturday I got up and made my way to Christy and Brad's house. Jen and Jon S. joined us and with everyone's stuff set up, we had quite a selection.

We had already had our big yard sale earlier in the summer, but weather cut ours short, so we had a handful of things we still wanted to get rid of... thankfully, at the sale I sold the ducky bath, some kitchen goods, the boppy, and the kids' baby slide. And, what didn't go, got dropped off at the Goodwill trailer on the way home.

Later in the morning, the missing spouses showed up and brought the kiddos. We had more fun at the yard sale than one would think... the grown ups hanging out and the kids playing. Here you can see the best looking group of kids enjoying a popsicle :) Jen caught them at the cutest moment!












We were done by noon because the heat was overwhelming, and I took the kids home. That afternoon, Jon's good friend, Brian, and his wife, Rebecca, came over to help with our front yard. While I had already let it be known I would be yard sale'd out and not able to help - I took a nap and was on kid duty - they went for it full throttle... and, I can't BELIEVE how wonderful they made our front yard look! Talk about curb appeal!!

Do you see the bushes pruned? The tree that looks like a tree and not a giant bush? The mulch? The mums? The hanging basket?













A HUGE thank you to the Andersons for their help in making our house look presentable!

After all that activity, the rest of the weekend was pretty quiet and relaxing. We got hit with the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee; drenching rain with the cool front after it. As hot as Saturday was, it cooled off and was gorgeous on Sunday and Monday and totally felt like Fall.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2011 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: