There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

Tonight, Mary Grace went to bed super early because she doesn't feel well and Jon went out to play cards... so, Jackson and I were on our own for dinner.

Over our breakfast for dinner menu, he and I chatted it up. We talked about what he did at school and his friend Wyatt. Jackson begged me to "let" him and Wyatt be friends, brothers, and cousins. I tried to explain how that worked, and he was so plaintive... I caved and gave my permission.

Then, we talked about the planets... Jack is a fan of Mercury and Pluto (the planet or non-planet?) because of their weather extremes.

Then, we talked about what he was going to be when he grew up. He first said he would drive a big truck; a trash truck! Then, he said he would be an "eye glass guy"... He described putting glasses on people, and "glasses" on eyeballs, and how he would say, "now can you see?" Then, he asked what Mary Grace would be. I said I didn't know because she couldn't tell us yet, so he suggested his helper at the eye glass place :)

Then, we cleaned up dinner and Jackson helped with the dishes. I taught him how to wash cups, plates, and silverware. He did a GREAT job! I especially love that one day, he'll be able to say he's been doing dishes since he was 4!


This entry was posted on Monday, September 12, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: