Once we got back from Minnesota, we only had one week in Tennessee before the move. The week ended up being a great one - though sad, too. It was a long, bittersweet week of goodbyes.
Tuesday night, we met friends and Auntie Jamee at Barfield Park for a sack dinner and some play time. We had a great time and stayed until dark.
BFF Luke and Jackson - when Christy sent this picture to me, it made me cry. We love Luke!



Our buds Myles, RJ, and Xander.

Evelyn and Mary Grace





Auntie Jamee and MG being silly

Wednesday at work, we had our 'going away' luncheon for me, Nanette, and Debby - both of whom are retiring this week. We went to South Side for lunch and it was gorgeous on their open-air balcony dining.
Thursday at work, we had our retirement reception for Nanette and Debby :) The office got spiffied up and Cheryl brought in a ton of food. It was good to hear about Nanette's and Debby's accomplishment and celebrate their long and successful careers.
Thursday night, I met my girlfriends for dinner at Newk's. I had a great evening chatting it up with Christy, Jen, Suzi, Amanda, and Becky... evenings like these are the ones I'm going to miss the most :( Saturday morning, I met the girls again for brunch at Mimi's. It was the final goodbye to Suzi and Becky.
Friday was the last day at work... and, a really, really, really hard day. I woke up that morning and thought to myself, "Today is my last day at the best job I've ever had." Sigh :(
Saturday evening, the Jordans were their awesome selves and hosted a cookout and campfire for us, the Seagos, and the Banes. The kids had a blast running around playing and the weather was absolutely perfect for a fire.






The very last hurrah was Monday night at Buffalo Wild Wings, which I'll post about separately.
It was a long week... a good one, but a hard one, too. Tennessee has been good to us and it's hard to leave. But, I have to focus on the positives - the opportunities and adventures before us. I feel extremely lucky to have these people in our lives ... now and in the future, too.
For all: the DC metro area is a fabulous place to visit and we will always have room for you ;) The Goddard B&B will be open (hopefully) in November 2011!
Tuesday night, we met friends and Auntie Jamee at Barfield Park for a sack dinner and some play time. We had a great time and stayed until dark.
BFF Luke and Jackson - when Christy sent this picture to me, it made me cry. We love Luke!



Our buds Myles, RJ, and Xander.

Evelyn and Mary Grace

Auntie Jamee and MG being silly
Wednesday at work, we had our 'going away' luncheon for me, Nanette, and Debby - both of whom are retiring this week. We went to South Side for lunch and it was gorgeous on their open-air balcony dining.
Thursday at work, we had our retirement reception for Nanette and Debby :) The office got spiffied up and Cheryl brought in a ton of food. It was good to hear about Nanette's and Debby's accomplishment and celebrate their long and successful careers.
Thursday night, I met my girlfriends for dinner at Newk's. I had a great evening chatting it up with Christy, Jen, Suzi, Amanda, and Becky... evenings like these are the ones I'm going to miss the most :( Saturday morning, I met the girls again for brunch at Mimi's. It was the final goodbye to Suzi and Becky.
Friday was the last day at work... and, a really, really, really hard day. I woke up that morning and thought to myself, "Today is my last day at the best job I've ever had." Sigh :(
Saturday evening, the Jordans were their awesome selves and hosted a cookout and campfire for us, the Seagos, and the Banes. The kids had a blast running around playing and the weather was absolutely perfect for a fire.






The very last hurrah was Monday night at Buffalo Wild Wings, which I'll post about separately.
It was a long week... a good one, but a hard one, too. Tennessee has been good to us and it's hard to leave. But, I have to focus on the positives - the opportunities and adventures before us. I feel extremely lucky to have these people in our lives ... now and in the future, too.
For all: the DC metro area is a fabulous place to visit and we will always have room for you ;) The Goddard B&B will be open (hopefully) in November 2011!

0 comments: