It's that time of year again... the time of year when the apples and pumpkins start to call to be picked! Well, it's not quite pumpkin time, yet, but the apples are defnitely calling!
We made our way to Butler's Orchard, which is ridiculously close to us now. Jon and I had been out there years ago... so, it was nice to go back with the kiddos and Uncle Ben this time.
Here we are waiting to dive into the orchard... the raspberry bushes are behind the kids, too.
Some shots of us on the hunt for the best apples... we started off on the wrong side, but once we walked to the "good" side, we found a TON of great apples.









We ended up with a crazy amount of apples - right around 20 lbs! But, I ended up making apple sauce and baked apple chips and of course we're still eating our way through.
After apples, we made our way to the raspberry batch. I'm the only one in the family who really likes them... they taste like summer to me and remind me of Dad's house :) MG liked picking them, though.

From raspberries, we made our way to the blackberry bushes. OMG, they were delish. Most of the berries were frozen in batches for oatmeal, but I did make a great raspberry chicken dish, too. It was YUM!!
We made our way to Butler's Orchard, which is ridiculously close to us now. Jon and I had been out there years ago... so, it was nice to go back with the kiddos and Uncle Ben this time.
Here we are waiting to dive into the orchard... the raspberry bushes are behind the kids, too.
Some shots of us on the hunt for the best apples... we started off on the wrong side, but once we walked to the "good" side, we found a TON of great apples.
We ended up with a crazy amount of apples - right around 20 lbs! But, I ended up making apple sauce and baked apple chips and of course we're still eating our way through.
After apples, we made our way to the raspberry batch. I'm the only one in the family who really likes them... they taste like summer to me and remind me of Dad's house :) MG liked picking them, though.
From raspberries, we made our way to the blackberry bushes. OMG, they were delish. Most of the berries were frozen in batches for oatmeal, but I did make a great raspberry chicken dish, too. It was YUM!!

0 comments: