Frozen. It has taken over our household in full force. Mary Grace loves the movie, loves the music, it's what we sing together in the shower, she's going to be Elsa for Halloween, she wants a Frozen birthday party... catch my drift?
So, when I got the notice that Frozen on Ice was coming to town, it didn't take me long to get over the sticker shock and buy our tickets :)
Now, I bought tickets for the October 4th show probably in August... and, I make a habit of NOT telling my children about any fun stuff we're going to do because they drive us nuts about it. Four and seven year-olds' sense of time is a bit loose. But this time, I had to...
Every morning on their way to school, Jon and the kids listen to our radio station's morning show game "Gender Wars." It's a quick trivia game between a male and female caller. Except a few weeks before the show, the prize for the winner of Gender Wars was tickets to Frozen on Ice. Mary Grace was begging Jon to call Gender Wars so we could get tickets. After a few days of this and seeing her distress because Jon wouldn't call Gender Wars, I had to tell her we already had tickets ;)
Sammy was born a week before the show, which we obviously were not anticipating, and I wasn't driving yet... so Jon had to give us curb to curb chauffeur service, but it worked out.
And, the show was a lot of fun... MG was ecstatic and loved the whole thing - though, she did point out where the ice show was different from the movie :) She wailed to her songs and I found myself watching her watching the show just as much as I watched the show myself. I think Jack also enjoyed the show, but it was really MG's gig.
Here are a few pics from the day.. our Frozen selfie:
This face justified the $25 I spent on this light-up toy:
Little Miss is just the perfect age for this kind of show... she LOVED it. The only complaint for the whole day is that it was freezing cold ... very thankful she had her sweatshirt, because Jack and I were cold in our long sleeves.
So, when I got the notice that Frozen on Ice was coming to town, it didn't take me long to get over the sticker shock and buy our tickets :)
Now, I bought tickets for the October 4th show probably in August... and, I make a habit of NOT telling my children about any fun stuff we're going to do because they drive us nuts about it. Four and seven year-olds' sense of time is a bit loose. But this time, I had to...
Every morning on their way to school, Jon and the kids listen to our radio station's morning show game "Gender Wars." It's a quick trivia game between a male and female caller. Except a few weeks before the show, the prize for the winner of Gender Wars was tickets to Frozen on Ice. Mary Grace was begging Jon to call Gender Wars so we could get tickets. After a few days of this and seeing her distress because Jon wouldn't call Gender Wars, I had to tell her we already had tickets ;)
Sammy was born a week before the show, which we obviously were not anticipating, and I wasn't driving yet... so Jon had to give us curb to curb chauffeur service, but it worked out.
And, the show was a lot of fun... MG was ecstatic and loved the whole thing - though, she did point out where the ice show was different from the movie :) She wailed to her songs and I found myself watching her watching the show just as much as I watched the show myself. I think Jack also enjoyed the show, but it was really MG's gig.
Here are a few pics from the day.. our Frozen selfie:
Little Miss is just the perfect age for this kind of show... she LOVED it. The only complaint for the whole day is that it was freezing cold ... very thankful she had her sweatshirt, because Jack and I were cold in our long sleeves.

0 comments: