I know I'm not alone today in remembering where I was on September 11, 2001. It's so sad that such a life-altering tragedy is our generation's "Where were you when...?" If you'd like, please share your memories of that day. Here are mine:
I was at work in training - I had just started in June. One of our trainers came in to tell us about the first plane and we thought it had to be an accident. Then, we heard about the second plane and our anxiety kicked up because I work for the Feds in a federally owned building. It seems irrational now, but at that point, the news was coming so fast, we didn't know how far it would go. Down the hall in our public contact area, CNN was on and there were a number of people watching from the hallway.. that's where I was when I saw the first tower collapse live. I remember watching it but, not really understanding what was happening...like it didn't compute. Finally, they brought down the projection screen in our classroom and we watched CNN the rest of the day. I stayed at work the whole day (no seniority or leave to go home early) and I vividly remember being one of very few cars on the interstate coming home.... 275 was empty...like a ghost-town. I saw a flag at half-mast on the top of one of the buildings in the Bayshore area and that was what finally made me cry.

0 comments: