. Daycare called on Thursday and he had a fever and sent him home. He had been suffering from the snottiest nose imaginable and his cough had gotten pretty nasty. I called Thursday and got blown off - I hate calling the doctor! - but, Saturday morning I called again because I didn't think he was getting any better and they told me to bring him in. While I hate calling the doctor, when we went in - on a Saturday morning no less - we actually got to see his doctor, which I thought was amazing. So, he has a virus that is causing the snot and cough and that has to just work it's way out. And, that in turn has caused an ear infection. So, my punkin is on antibiotics.Other than that, he's had an okay week. Before he got sick, I think on the 1st actually, we saw him pull himself up on the couch all by himself. We haven't seen him do it since but, he loves to be stood up and will walk between us if we hold his hands. He will scoot along the couch, too, but only in one direction so far. It won't be long, now!
Okay, this is what my email said about babies Jack's age. The first few times we gave Jack meat baby foods, he gagged. But, now, he's digging the chicken noodle dinner and turkey and rice entrees. We haven't found one he won't eat so far. So far, the only poop report is that we're getting more. To me, they were always pretty stinky! And, we also dropped Jack's matress this week... so, in the soon-to-be morning he is standing up to tell us good morning, he won't fall out on his head.
Your New Baby
If you decide to introduce meat to Jackson Edward's diet, start with small portions, and be sure the meat is tender, thoroughly cooked, and pureed. Depending on how many teeth Jackson Edward has and how long he's been eating solid food, you can try a few small chunks of meat. Remember to introduce new foods one at a time, several days apart. Jackson Edward's taste buds are still getting used to the taste of food, so don't add any seasonings including salt, spices, herbs, sugar, honey, butter or margarine. He doesn't need much protein now and is probably still getting enough from your breast milk or formula.
You may want to prepare yourself for Jackson Edward's first bowel movement after eating meat. A good sturdy clothespin should do the trick. I can promise you, after he starts eating meat you'll no longer wonder whether he has had a bowel movement or not. You'll definitely know.
Take a moment to double-check Jackson Edward's sleeping arrangements. He will be standing and pulling himself up soon (if he isn't already), so you may need to lower the mattress in his crib so he will not accidentally fall out if he stands up and leans against the railing.
Pic of Jack this week:

.

0 comments: