Finally, the weather is improving. This past Sunday, for the first time in forever, it was warm and sunny. I have some real guilt issues concerning the fact that Jack has never really had the opportunity to play outside - last summer, he was so little and it was crazy hot, then it’s too cold in the winter - so, because of the beautiful weather, we went to the park!
Well, first, we had to go to Walmart because Jackson didn’t have any shoes. Before you give me a hard time, both his pediatrician and our daycare professionals (who know WAY more about babies than I do) told us he shouldn’t really wear shoes until he can really walk so, we’re not negligent parents. He’s walking well now, and I didn’t want him walking in socks at the park so, we had to pick out some shoes.
Finding shoes for Jack is not easy. He has giant, fat feet just like his Momma... flintstone potato feet have sprouted in a new generation. So, I had to try on a bunch of shoes, shoving them on his feet until I found two pairs that had plenty of elastic on the top. I found a pair of tennies and a pair of sandals.
Then, finally off to the park. We just went to the elementary down the street but, we swang on the swings and went down the slide and ran around having a good time. Jack tried to eat a rock and then settled for some dirt. He also disovered grass which he didn’t like much. We weren’t there long but, enough to try out the shoes and run around for a bit.
Well, first, we had to go to Walmart because Jackson didn’t have any shoes. Before you give me a hard time, both his pediatrician and our daycare professionals (who know WAY more about babies than I do) told us he shouldn’t really wear shoes until he can really walk so, we’re not negligent parents. He’s walking well now, and I didn’t want him walking in socks at the park so, we had to pick out some shoes.
Finding shoes for Jack is not easy. He has giant, fat feet just like his Momma... flintstone potato feet have sprouted in a new generation. So, I had to try on a bunch of shoes, shoving them on his feet until I found two pairs that had plenty of elastic on the top. I found a pair of tennies and a pair of sandals.
Then, finally off to the park. We just went to the elementary down the street but, we swang on the swings and went down the slide and ran around having a good time. Jack tried to eat a rock and then settled for some dirt. He also disovered grass which he didn’t like much. We weren’t there long but, enough to try out the shoes and run around for a bit.

0 comments: