We’ve had great group trains the last two weekends... and, I’m glad because we’re getting awfully close to the the big day.
Last weekend, March 29, we had a short walk and did some hill work. We went to Barfield-Crescent Park which has a great trail and some killer hills. The majority of the workout was not too hilly but there was one mama-jama at the end. It was a great change of pace and I hope the hill work pays off because I’ve heard CMM is a fairly hilly course.
This past Saturday, we did our last long walk... 11 miles. It truly is amazing how six months of training changes your perspective on something. In November, the thought of 11 miles was so daunting that I couldn’t even look that far on our training schedule. But, this week leading up to the train, I didn’t dread the miles.. I wasn’t freaked out. I just knew it would be long and hard and that I could get through it. I also kept thinking, if I could get through 11 miles, 13.1 wouldn’t be a problem. We were on the trail for 3 hours and it wasn’t bad at all. Of course, at the end, I was sore but, not debilitated... and, went on to have a great Saturday :)
I can’t believe the race is 3 weeks away!! I’m really starting to get excited!
Oh, and a bit about energy replacement. I have now tried two different energy gels and they were both disgusting. This weekend, I tried Steffer’s favorite and it’s not the flavor of the things, it’s the texture. They are just disgusting. So, I’ll be stinking to beans (energy jelly bellys) or shot blocks (big ol’ gummy chunks).

0 comments: