On October 16th, two of the coolest people I know ran their very first half-marathon. Christy and Jen participated in the Middle Half, which is Murfreesboro's own half-marathon.Christy, Jen, Carrie, and I completed the No Boundaries beginning running program this past summer. While Carrie and I have not been as diligent in our efforts since then (she's expecting... I have NO such excuse), Christy and Jen have followed up their first 5k with a 10k last month and then the half.
Awesome!
Even though Carrie and I were not at the race with them, we wanted to help them celebrate such an amazing accomplishment... we had everyone over to our house, Jon cooked an amazing, holiday-worthy meal, and we had a celebration cake!
The evening was a blast! Unfortunately, Carrie and her crew had to leave a bit early, but the rest of us stuck around... the boys played and watched movies and the grown-ups - including GeePa - stayed up and played Trivial Pursuit... Girls Won!!
Here's a pic of the boys playing together

Mary Grace Unhappy

Movie watching...

And, the girls!

Christy and Jen, here's to your dedication and the awesome accomplishment!
Thanks to Jen Bane - as always - for her awesome images!

0 comments: