There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

There is so much fun stuff going on Halloween weekend, we have to report in parts :)

Friday was a busy day that kicked the holiday weekend off right. First, I had a party at work that was an absolute blast. We all brought in food for breakfast and lunch - I made my famous French toast casserole - and, most of us dressed up. I was a kitty. We've had a very tumultuous few months at work and we needed our day of fun... it was a blast.

(pictures forthcoming)

After work, I headed to Jackson's school for his class Halloween party. Tots' is awesome planning both morning and afternoon activities. The kids had dressed up and trick-or-treated in the morning... which was cool because Jon carried Mary Grace around for her trick-or-treats. And, then the party was in the afternoon, so I could make it to that. The party was a good one... LOTS of yummy snacks.















From school, we made a quick pit stop at home and then headed out to trick-or-treat on the Square. This is a Murfreesboro tradition where the businesses in our little, picturesque downtown pass out candy. It is a cool thing, but it was an absolute zoo. We only made it around two sides of the square when Jackson asked to go home. Yes, sir!

Here's Jackson in the midst of the crowd.















And, the kiddos... note Mary Grace's skeleton pants :)















I left my kitty garb on for Jack's party and trick-or-treating... so, here's a shot of he and I strutting our stuff.















Saturday morning, I got up super early and braved the freezing cold (my car said it was 34-degrees) and ventured to the Bruce Gilley Have a Nice Day 5k.















I met up with the Jordans and Jen Bane and her mother-in-law, which made the race even more fun. It was my first 5k since our No Bo graduation race in August and I was determined to run some sort of interval. I decided and successfully ran 1/2's... thanks to Christy who ran them with me. I felt good with them and have decided to train and run 1/1's ... the 2-minute rest was a bit too long.

Here's a pic of Christy and I (thanks to the magnificent Jen Bane!).















The race itself was very well organized and a lot of fun... and, the course was awesome... quiet through a gorgeous neighborhood. Also, a woot goes out to Brad who completed his first ever 5k race!

Our official times:

  416 Christy Jordan  52:45
  417 Sarah Goddard   52:46

449 Bradley Jordan 55:55
  458 Janet Bane      56:38  

After the race, I stuck around a bit longer than I anticipated to wait for the raffle drawing, enjoy some coffee, and some yummy treats. Then, I ran home to get prepared to head to the pumpkin patch!

We had been planning this pumpkin patch outing with friends since early in the month... we met up with the Jordans, Banes, and Suzi and RJ. Most of us got there at the same time and we sat for a quick bag lunch before going off to play.

The highlight of the day for me was the bluegrass band that played... this was the first time I've seen live music there and they were awesome. I love the banjo!! I also gave up convincing Jackson to get his face painted and came to terms that it was really ME who wanted to get MY face painted :) I got a pumpkin.















And, Christy is cool like me... she got a cat.















And, then Jackson came around :) This is on the hayride.



















The missies!















A great shot of the boys caught by Jen.














She also got a great one of RJ and Jackson on the pumpkin train :)













Some of my favorite boys!















After the patch, we came home to a new crock pot recipe (ham and bean soup), which was good... but, kind of fatty (we'll tweak this one a bit for next time). And, then it was off to bed. Busy, but super fun day!

Shout out to Jen, again, for getting some great shots! (And, for allowing me to share them... appreciate you!)


This entry was posted on Sunday, October 31, 2010 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: