My December got off to a stressful start, mostly because I had been assigned at work to prepare 3 days of training for VBA's first chat responders.
The back story on this isn't a good one - a pilot that was being rushed through without a lot of forethought or organization - but, that being what it is became irrelevant as the 'go live' date approached.
We - meaning our staff - was informed that training was going to take place for 6 chat responders at the Hartford Regional Office on December 6 through the 8th. We got this notification about two and a half week prior to the training date. SO, from that point up until the trip, I worked pretty much full time with one other co-worker to get prepared for this training.
First step in preparing... research since this was VBA's first foray into business chat. Without much guidance, we figuring it out enough to prepare some training materials and I felt like I wouldn't look like an idiot in front of these people.
The prep work was very stressful and I was really nervous, but the few days in Hartford was actually wonderful. My boss came with to support the new mission and have my back and the trainees were really smart and engaged. They didn't have a lot of VA experience, but were the type that wouldn't panic and would be able to figure things out... they were awesome. Cheryl's husband joined her on the trip because her step-son is the director of the Hartford office, so I got to meet them and get to know them a bit, too. They are FUN people :) And, Hartford is beautiful! It was really, really cold... but, the area was just gorgeous. The little town we stayed in, Farmington, was incorporated in 1645. Gotta love that.

It was a rough few weeks leading up the the chat pilot training, but it was the kind of experience that once it was done, I am so thankful to have been able to be a part of it. The pilot is a big deal - very high profile - and, it's an honor to be included in part of its implementation. I loved that I got to spend the time with Cheryl and her family... it was just a great trip. I am very glad it's over and I feel like I've been a bit in slow motion - especially at work - like I'm in a kind of recovery... but, I'm so glad to have had the opportunity :)
The back story on this isn't a good one - a pilot that was being rushed through without a lot of forethought or organization - but, that being what it is became irrelevant as the 'go live' date approached.
We - meaning our staff - was informed that training was going to take place for 6 chat responders at the Hartford Regional Office on December 6 through the 8th. We got this notification about two and a half week prior to the training date. SO, from that point up until the trip, I worked pretty much full time with one other co-worker to get prepared for this training.
First step in preparing... research since this was VBA's first foray into business chat. Without much guidance, we figuring it out enough to prepare some training materials and I felt like I wouldn't look like an idiot in front of these people.
The prep work was very stressful and I was really nervous, but the few days in Hartford was actually wonderful. My boss came with to support the new mission and have my back and the trainees were really smart and engaged. They didn't have a lot of VA experience, but were the type that wouldn't panic and would be able to figure things out... they were awesome. Cheryl's husband joined her on the trip because her step-son is the director of the Hartford office, so I got to meet them and get to know them a bit, too. They are FUN people :) And, Hartford is beautiful! It was really, really cold... but, the area was just gorgeous. The little town we stayed in, Farmington, was incorporated in 1645. Gotta love that.
It was a rough few weeks leading up the the chat pilot training, but it was the kind of experience that once it was done, I am so thankful to have been able to be a part of it. The pilot is a big deal - very high profile - and, it's an honor to be included in part of its implementation. I loved that I got to spend the time with Cheryl and her family... it was just a great trip. I am very glad it's over and I feel like I've been a bit in slow motion - especially at work - like I'm in a kind of recovery... but, I'm so glad to have had the opportunity :)

0 comments: