There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

My March book was Prep: A Novel by Curtis Sittenfeld. It's about a middle class girl who attends a boarding school with a bunch of richy riches.

It was a pretty good read and I enjoyed it for the most part. The author did a good job of telling the story of a teenage girl with the requisite whining, insecurities, and irrational meanness. But, this is also what made the book kind of annoying. I did enjoy the boarding school setting and getting a glimpse of its 'culture.' It makes me wonder how true it is.

It was an okay read... but, again, I'm suffering from it not being really what I'm in the mood for.

My April book is likely going to be The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton... My BFF Crystal and I are going to read it together. Wish me luck with my flashback to a classic!


This entry was posted on Friday, April 08, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: