There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

The kids and I went to an awesome Cinqo de Mayo party at the Seagos' house earlier this month. The authentic Mexican meal was fabulous and the company was better ;) It was an honor to be invited to celebrate the Mexican Army's unlikely victory over French forces in the Battle of Pueblo (thank you Wikipedia).

I tried to keep my contribution in the spirit of the party, so I made a Black Bean Dip. It was really, really good - and, it made me bust out the blender! I think it's the first time I've used it, ever.

Here is a cut and paste of my review on Food.com:

This is a great dip... hearty and flavorful. The only alteration I made to the recipe was to use a fresh jalapeno (seeds and membranes removed) in place of the mild chilies and I added a bit of parsley. It was a hit at the Cinqo de Mayo party I brought it to :)

I didn't take a picture of the dish mostly because it was just a bowl of black bean mush with parsley on top, lol. But, I did use the leftovers to make my chicken enchilada casserole thing, and I used polenta for that... so, it ended up being a double duty recipe :)


This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: