There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

My Ina recipe for April was Roasted Shrimp and Orzo and, OMG it was great!

I am a few days behind again, and I made this on May 2, a Monday, mostly because Jon plays cards and I figured he nor the kids would be interested. I'm totally okay with this because it means I'll be able to eat it all!

This recipe was my first try with orzo, a rice-shaped pasta, and raw shrimp. How cool is that!? The orzo was easy enough to cook and the shrimp wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. While it had already been de-viened, I did have to peel them. And, I didn't overcook them, either!

The recipe is pretty simple, though I cut it in half and messed up my measurements a couple times. I just had to make two batches of orzo and I have a bit of red onion and parsley cut up in the fridge. No biggie. And, it really was good. I am discovering I love feta... and, the parsley and lemon made it light and bright tasting. Best of all, it was a very large and satisfying serving - 2 cups - for just over 500 calories (per Food.com). Score!

This one I will definitely try again and I think it would be a really good party or pot luck dish, too. I love it when I find a keeper!


This entry was posted on Monday, May 02, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: