There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

April was a big month... Jackson is 5 and registered for kindergarten.  MG is sassier than ever and a cutie girl besides. 

We had Jackson's party, of course, but we also celebrated at IHOP and at the house with some mailed gifts... Here he is with his birthday sundae and even sharing some with MG.





























And, opening some gifts - these were from GeeMee and GeePa


 



























Jack has also really been into jokes - especially knock knock jokes.  His other favorite is Why is 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 ate 9; however, we don't think he really gets it because he'll then ask Why is 8 afraid of 9? Because 9 ate 10, lol.

Jon found the perfect birthday card for him, as you can see here:





Missy is talking more and more and has quite a sense of humor... this month's favorite MGisms were her telling us so emphatically, "I so tired!" and "I not boo-ful, I cutie-patootie!"  She's also quite the fashionista... here she's modeling dresses and accessories GeeMe and GeePa sent.


 


This month, we did quite a bit to get settled in town.  We made it to the library for the first time and went to a ton of doctors and dentist appointments - poor Jackson has three fillings that we'll be working on.  We also found a couple of great consignment stores relatively near... I was missing Once Upon a Child like crazy!

Work has been going okay.  The highlight is I have finally been approved for telework.  Right now the policy is only one day a pay period, which works out for every other Thursday for me... while, I'd LOVE to work more from home, I am appreciative and loving this one day.  It's like getting 3 hours of my life back that day!!  We also finally got our home marketing incentive... the bonus we were entitled to for selling our house... it only took 4 months after the closing.  Geesh!  But, regardless, it felt really good to replenish some of our savings.

And, it's definitely spring... and, we bought some plants.  I typically have less than a green thumb, so I've stuck to herbs... two huge basil plants, parsley, dill, and mint.  And, Jackson picked out a strawberry plant.  We've been good so far about taking care of them, and the kids are getting good and helping to water them... we'll have to keep everyone posted about a yield :)

Just a couple more pics from the month...


Jackson with proof of his blossoming LEGO obsession... thanks Uncle Toby for the LEGO shuttle.
















And, the kiddos playing together















.


This entry was posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: