There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

Another month has come and gone... and the highlight this time around is SPRING! I have been reintroduced to the gorgeousness that is the DC-area spring season... daffodils are sprouting everywhere and the trees are blooming! Though it's been a mild winter, it's been a long one for me and I've been enjoying the warmer weather and beauty.

Here are daffodils that shot up right in my front yard :)
















It's been a somewhat quiet month. Other than getting Mary Grace's hair cut off - and, we thought for a while her sweet demeanor went with it! - and our first trip downtown with the kids for cherry blossoms and monuments, it was a fairly low-key month. We've been talking more about upcoming trips - I'm going to Nashville for convention in June, we're thinking about a week at our timeshare in the Shenandoah soon, and trying to get to Dad's for Sidney's graduation party... And, I've been asked to go to Detroit for a week in June for work.

Also work-related, I found out early in the month that I was not selected for the chief job I had put in for back in November. Also, with that news, my stint as acting chief came to an end... and, while I was disappointed, I was also a bit relieved. I think it would have been a good job and I definitely would have thrown myself into it, I'm kind of excited to not be in charge and to be open to other opportunities that may come up. For now, I'm going to just do my thing and I'm hoping that teleworking comes through soon so I can maybe work from home once a week... we'll see!

The 25th of the month brought Jon and my 6th wedding anniversary. We both struggle with the fact that we've been married for only 6 years when it feels like so much longer. My good friend Nanette always reminds me that we've been busy these 6 years - and, I guess two moves and two babies is busy! We didn't do anything for our anniversary, really... but, the week following it, I took Friday off of work and we went out for lunch and saw the Hunger Games. A day's leave ends up being cheaper than a sitter!

The kids have had a good month... Mary Grace found my old cowboy boots and loves them. They've seen better days, though, and we need to get the soles reattached. It'll be worth it for me... I love that she's wearing something I loved when I was her age. She's also been very adamant about telling us her name - Mary Grace Edward Goddard!




















Jackson has been asking us tons of questions... like how babies get in mommies' bellies and is reporting that kids in his class say bad words. So, needless to say, he's keeping us busy. I've also been stressing out about kindergarten - where to enroll him, how to do it, etc. We've pretty much decided that we're going to try to enroll him at the elementary school across the street from daycare so he can continue to go there for aftercare... wish us luck to get him in since it's not where we're zoned.

Here are a couple more pics of us enjoying this weather!


























































And, one of Captain Jack, complete with mustache!
















Little Miss all stickered up!
















Jack in front of the fish tank at Bass Pro Shop - he was pretty excited about the fish.
















Silly hats
















Busy Bug















And, my two loves reading a book together :)















.



This entry was posted on Saturday, March 31, 2012 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: