Unbelievable, June has already come and gone. I remember very early in the month I was still wearing a light jacket in the mornings... but, then Hades-hit at the same point in time our AC went out! Geesh, what a month!
The kids continue to do well... Mary Grace is talking like a normal person, albeit with a toddler's pronunciation, and has really hit the ground running with potty training. She's been wearing her fancy pants underwear over her diapers for months, but near the end of June, she's finally started going diaper-less for stretches at a time. She's doing GREAT... no accidents and we're even going out and about without a diaper. We make many stops to public potties, but that's better than the alternative. Little miss has also become very familiar with the concept of Disney World - she's very attuned to advertizing and recognizes the Great Life song they've been using in commercials. We had an incident where she was pitching a fit on the floor crying because she wants to go so badly... even Jackson was trying to explain to her it's far away! But, at least her interest has got me in gear thinking about a trip back early next year... we'll see.

Jackson has had a big month, too. On June 15th he graduated from pre-school complete with a cap, gown, and ceremony. Unfortunately, it conflicted with my trip to Nashville and I missed it (don't judge me), but Dad and Uncle Andy made it. We have him on video receiving his certificate and performing his "talent" - dressing up as the Hulk and doing "hulk moves" - but, we don't have any stills :( The week following graduation, he started summer camp with Ms. Amber... he's in a different room and they go on field trips and do other fun stuff all the time... he's been so excited about it, and frankly, is getting to know our area better than Jon and I do!
This month, Jon and I visited and shopped around for a new daycare center. Kindergarten has been so stressful, we didn't have our stuff pulled together in time to request that our current provider provide transportation to Jack's elementary school. So, we had to find a new option that could get him to school. We toured a handful of places, but what came down to choosing Bright Eyes was the recommendation of Mary Grace's current teacher. It's very close to Jack's school, a bit off the beaten path, and came recommended... so, we're hoping it's a good fit. It's also a bit less expensive, which is always nice, too! The kids will start August 13, a couple weeks before the beginning of the school year.
The other major development, of course, was Jon getting offered the job at US Cellular and starting that adventure... we're all getting used to his new schedule and trying to reshuffle responsibilities - grocery shopping and cooking dinner are the biggest hang-ups for me. But, that will come and so far, so good on the job front.
And, for me... I was only in the office 8 days this month between a week-long contracting class in Frederick (what a great commute!!) and a week in Detroit for the National Veterans Conference. Another guy and I represented Compensation Service there and it was a great return to my public contact days... I enjoyed helping people and I felt good at it. And, I got to meet up with some of my Nashville peeps and had dinner at Michael Symon's Roast restaurant - fabulous! I also had my trip to Nashville for convention, which finally gave me the kick in the pants to reach out and make contact with a local chapter... I've heard back from one so far, and I'm hopeful for a good fit.
Here are some pics from this month...
Momma and MG
Jack's name tag from school
Jackson's rendition of Angry Birds
Writing practice
Father's Day gifts... Jack and Dad hands


Mary Grace art
Jon and I at Candice and Shawn's wedding :)

And, cutie MG
This month we are woefully low on pictures - the calendar next summer is going to be weak!! Must do better.
The kids continue to do well... Mary Grace is talking like a normal person, albeit with a toddler's pronunciation, and has really hit the ground running with potty training. She's been wearing her fancy pants underwear over her diapers for months, but near the end of June, she's finally started going diaper-less for stretches at a time. She's doing GREAT... no accidents and we're even going out and about without a diaper. We make many stops to public potties, but that's better than the alternative. Little miss has also become very familiar with the concept of Disney World - she's very attuned to advertizing and recognizes the Great Life song they've been using in commercials. We had an incident where she was pitching a fit on the floor crying because she wants to go so badly... even Jackson was trying to explain to her it's far away! But, at least her interest has got me in gear thinking about a trip back early next year... we'll see.
Jackson has had a big month, too. On June 15th he graduated from pre-school complete with a cap, gown, and ceremony. Unfortunately, it conflicted with my trip to Nashville and I missed it (don't judge me), but Dad and Uncle Andy made it. We have him on video receiving his certificate and performing his "talent" - dressing up as the Hulk and doing "hulk moves" - but, we don't have any stills :( The week following graduation, he started summer camp with Ms. Amber... he's in a different room and they go on field trips and do other fun stuff all the time... he's been so excited about it, and frankly, is getting to know our area better than Jon and I do!
This month, Jon and I visited and shopped around for a new daycare center. Kindergarten has been so stressful, we didn't have our stuff pulled together in time to request that our current provider provide transportation to Jack's elementary school. So, we had to find a new option that could get him to school. We toured a handful of places, but what came down to choosing Bright Eyes was the recommendation of Mary Grace's current teacher. It's very close to Jack's school, a bit off the beaten path, and came recommended... so, we're hoping it's a good fit. It's also a bit less expensive, which is always nice, too! The kids will start August 13, a couple weeks before the beginning of the school year.
The other major development, of course, was Jon getting offered the job at US Cellular and starting that adventure... we're all getting used to his new schedule and trying to reshuffle responsibilities - grocery shopping and cooking dinner are the biggest hang-ups for me. But, that will come and so far, so good on the job front.
And, for me... I was only in the office 8 days this month between a week-long contracting class in Frederick (what a great commute!!) and a week in Detroit for the National Veterans Conference. Another guy and I represented Compensation Service there and it was a great return to my public contact days... I enjoyed helping people and I felt good at it. And, I got to meet up with some of my Nashville peeps and had dinner at Michael Symon's Roast restaurant - fabulous! I also had my trip to Nashville for convention, which finally gave me the kick in the pants to reach out and make contact with a local chapter... I've heard back from one so far, and I'm hopeful for a good fit.
Here are some pics from this month...
Momma and MG
Jack's name tag from school
Jackson's rendition of Angry Birds
Writing practice
Father's Day gifts... Jack and Dad hands
Mary Grace art
Jon and I at Candice and Shawn's wedding :)
And, cutie MG
This month we are woefully low on pictures - the calendar next summer is going to be weak!! Must do better.

0 comments: