There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

As most of you know, I have a strange and probably unhealthy love for the pumpkin.. so, you can imagine how happy and excited I am to have a kid to bring with me to the Pumpkin Patch. Granted, Jack isn't very interested now but, at least I don't look so silly for being there without a child. And, as I discovered, he slows me down enough so I don't look like a spaz when pumpkins are in view.

Today, we headed out to Gentry Farm in Franklin. It came highly recommended by my co-worker Debby and its different than the one I'm planning on going to on Tuesday with my Moms Group... and, it was quite wonderful. They had a corn maze, which was fun but a bit stunted because of the excessive drought in our area. They had a pick-your-own pumpkin patch, which is always awesome. I love seeing the pumpkins still attached! And, they had a bunch of other kid-friendly activities that Jack will LOVE next year. They had hayrides (but, Jon wasn't willing), chickens and it was just a gorgeous (albeit a bit warm) day.

We didn't buy any pumpkins just yet... but, we will soon. I know you're excited about upcoming jack-o-lantern pictures! For now, check out today's pictures in my picture album or in the slides how on my profile.

Here's one of the three of us.



And, one of Jack with some pumpkins:


.


This entry was posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: