There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

The last few weeks, I haven't been feeling quite my normal, chipper self. It took me a few days to realize what was wrong... I was at work, feeling kind of blah and thought to myself, "I feel like going to Arundel Mills and having lunch at the Golden Corral." A fairly normal thought, except I was longing to go to a mall in Maryland. And then I realized I'm homesick... for Maryland.

I was so surprised. We lived in Maryland for three years but, always knew we would leave so, I guess I was a bit taken aback to realize how much I missed living there. But, after I thought about it, boy do I. Of course, I miss our friends the most. It takes such a long time to feel established in a new place and we were JUST getting there before we moved. We made some wonderful friends and we've been missing them. We keep in touch but, of course it's not the same. And, I miss the familiarity and being comfortable with people. Tennessee is wonderful but, it is a HUGE adjustment learning how to live in the Bible Belt. Don't tell anyone but, we're not religious!

After talking to Jon, I had to also acknowledge that it's not only our residence that has changed but, everything is different. Our jobs, the baby, the people here. Don't get me wrong, we're happy here and happy about the changes in our lives but, the honeymoon has worn off a bit and we're now able to notice some of the not-so-great things and starting to remember what we're missing. Transition is rough... I'll be glad when this passes and things feel normal again... If they ever do, of course.


This entry was posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: