Since I'm sitting in my front room with the Christmas tree glowing, I guess I should get around to reporting on the fun we had in the last week or so of October :)
Jamee came over and she, Jackson and I picked out our pumpkins and came home to carve. Jamee and I have noticed that we must be in the minority of people who grew up carving pumpkins because it's just not as popular as we expect... I usually get strange reactions when I mention that we're carving pumpkins and that it is something I've probably only not done one or two years of my life. And, I take my pumpkin selection VERY seriously. I'm the one that takes a half an hour to pick!
Here are some pictures of our carving and the final product. Note, even Jon doesn't care about carving - the weirdo :)


October also brought us a short visit from Jackson's Ge-ma! Sandy was in town for a signing event with some friends, but we were happy to have her for an evening and a Cracker Barrel dinner :) Jackson was happy to see her, too... especially, when she came bearing his Halloween costume. Thanks Ge-ma and Ge-pa!

Every year we've lived here, we've made it to the Ghouls at Grassmere Halloween event at the zoo. This year, we had plans to attend with our friends Carrie and her son Jackson (Dad was out of town), but her Jackson got sick and my Jackson and I ventured out on our own. It was cold!! But, Jack got great practice trick or treating :) Here is a picture of him eating his first piece of candy... a sour patch kid, lol. He said it was yucky!

That same weekend, World Outreach Church, which is right down the street from us, had it's annual Hoedown. This event, which is completely free, is absolutely amazing! There were dozens of inflatables for the kids, pony rides, activity tents, candy, popcorn, soda, water, cotton candy... all for the community at no charge. Needless to say, it was a crazy zoo, but we had a great time! We parked 15 miles away from the gate and took a hayride in... and, from there explored and played for a few hours. It was our first time going and we will for sure be going again!
This is Jack playing with bubbles in the pre-school activity tent. He also played in rice, looked at himself in silly carnival mirrors, knocked over cans, and "fished" for duckies.

Here is a pic of him in front of one of the many photo ops... this is my current favorite picture of Jackson of all time!

The week before Halloween, Jack's daycare hosted a Trunk or Treat at our local park. It was a fun event, with hotdogs, chili, chips, drinks, the whole works. The kids came out in their costumes and played on the playground... I think the kids get a kick out of seeing their friends outside of school... Jack was happy and surprised every time he recognized someone! They would hug each other, lol. Jamee came out for this, too, which is always appreciated because she keeps up with Jack!

And, here is the best pic we got all season of Jackson in his costume. Go Bucs!

And, finally, Halloween arrived. We walked around our neighborhood, which is just wonderful and full of kids and families... there were a TON of people out. Jackson got to check out his new wagon for the first time and we couldn't quite tell whether he liked riding or pulling it more.

Here's Jack walking up to the house all on his own!

As I mentioned, Fall is my very favorite and I do try to cram as much in as humanly possible... I figure, most often these events are the last ones before it gets cold and nasty and we go into hibernation!
Jamee came over and she, Jackson and I picked out our pumpkins and came home to carve. Jamee and I have noticed that we must be in the minority of people who grew up carving pumpkins because it's just not as popular as we expect... I usually get strange reactions when I mention that we're carving pumpkins and that it is something I've probably only not done one or two years of my life. And, I take my pumpkin selection VERY seriously. I'm the one that takes a half an hour to pick!
Here are some pictures of our carving and the final product. Note, even Jon doesn't care about carving - the weirdo :)
October also brought us a short visit from Jackson's Ge-ma! Sandy was in town for a signing event with some friends, but we were happy to have her for an evening and a Cracker Barrel dinner :) Jackson was happy to see her, too... especially, when she came bearing his Halloween costume. Thanks Ge-ma and Ge-pa!
Every year we've lived here, we've made it to the Ghouls at Grassmere Halloween event at the zoo. This year, we had plans to attend with our friends Carrie and her son Jackson (Dad was out of town), but her Jackson got sick and my Jackson and I ventured out on our own. It was cold!! But, Jack got great practice trick or treating :) Here is a picture of him eating his first piece of candy... a sour patch kid, lol. He said it was yucky!
That same weekend, World Outreach Church, which is right down the street from us, had it's annual Hoedown. This event, which is completely free, is absolutely amazing! There were dozens of inflatables for the kids, pony rides, activity tents, candy, popcorn, soda, water, cotton candy... all for the community at no charge. Needless to say, it was a crazy zoo, but we had a great time! We parked 15 miles away from the gate and took a hayride in... and, from there explored and played for a few hours. It was our first time going and we will for sure be going again!
This is Jack playing with bubbles in the pre-school activity tent. He also played in rice, looked at himself in silly carnival mirrors, knocked over cans, and "fished" for duckies.
Here is a pic of him in front of one of the many photo ops... this is my current favorite picture of Jackson of all time!
The week before Halloween, Jack's daycare hosted a Trunk or Treat at our local park. It was a fun event, with hotdogs, chili, chips, drinks, the whole works. The kids came out in their costumes and played on the playground... I think the kids get a kick out of seeing their friends outside of school... Jack was happy and surprised every time he recognized someone! They would hug each other, lol. Jamee came out for this, too, which is always appreciated because she keeps up with Jack!
And, here is the best pic we got all season of Jackson in his costume. Go Bucs!
And, finally, Halloween arrived. We walked around our neighborhood, which is just wonderful and full of kids and families... there were a TON of people out. Jackson got to check out his new wagon for the first time and we couldn't quite tell whether he liked riding or pulling it more.
Here's Jack walking up to the house all on his own!
As I mentioned, Fall is my very favorite and I do try to cram as much in as humanly possible... I figure, most often these events are the last ones before it gets cold and nasty and we go into hibernation!

0 comments: