We've been trying to have a yard sale for, oh, about 2 years. I am happy to report that we pulled it together and actually did it on June 18th :)
We had been pulling together yard sale items for a few weeks and had the garage near-overflowing with stuff. I had to park in the driveway for 2 weeks in preparation. The Friday before the sale, I took the day off, and Jon and I organized and priced our crap - er, I mean stuff. And, Saturday morning, we got up early and pulled it all out.
For our first time, I think we did really well! We had lots of traffic and we sold a bunch of baby clothes, my clothes, and household items. The weather began to threaten us with super dark clouds about 10 a.m., so we had to close up shop earlier than we wanted... but, even so we made $400.
There is a lot left over, unfortunately. We've been taking loads of clothes to Once Upon a Child and have made another $80 or so selling them kids clothes... and, now I'm working to list everything out and make runs to the Goodwill trailer to start clearing out more.
With our profits, we've bought a Kinect and the Michael Jackson Experience game. SO worth the time and effort.
We had been pulling together yard sale items for a few weeks and had the garage near-overflowing with stuff. I had to park in the driveway for 2 weeks in preparation. The Friday before the sale, I took the day off, and Jon and I organized and priced our crap - er, I mean stuff. And, Saturday morning, we got up early and pulled it all out.
For our first time, I think we did really well! We had lots of traffic and we sold a bunch of baby clothes, my clothes, and household items. The weather began to threaten us with super dark clouds about 10 a.m., so we had to close up shop earlier than we wanted... but, even so we made $400.
There is a lot left over, unfortunately. We've been taking loads of clothes to Once Upon a Child and have made another $80 or so selling them kids clothes... and, now I'm working to list everything out and make runs to the Goodwill trailer to start clearing out more.
With our profits, we've bought a Kinect and the Michael Jackson Experience game. SO worth the time and effort.

0 comments: