There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

This past weekend, we got to get out and about with some cool peeps.

First, Saturday afternoon, I took the kiddos over to their friends, Finn and Lucy's house.  Lucy and Mary Grace were in the same class for a while, and Finn and Jackson were in the same pre-school class at Little People.  The boys are now both at McNair.  They are not in the same kindergarten class, but get to see each other at recess and we've run into him and his parents quite a bit recently at birthday parties and school events.  His Dad, Mark, and I exchanged numbers and last weekend, they invited us over for a play date.  Unfortunately, at the last minute, they had to cancel, but thankfully, we were able to reschedule and get together this weekend.

The kids were ecstatic to play!  It felt like a grown-up first date, as things like that usually do, but I enjoyed the adult conversation while the kiddos played.  I'm hopeful we'll be able to get together again in the future.

After the play date, the kids and I made our way to Uncle Andy's house for his 32nd birthday party.  It was a small get-together, and we got there early so we could hang out with Uncle Andy, his newish girlfriend, Katie, and Candice and Sean, who the kids love.  After a while, the party got going with more friends, including Uncle Toby.  We had hotdogs and made s'mores over a fire.  It was goregous weather and the kids enjoyed all the attention they got being the only kids there :)  We also got to see an old friend, Hong, that I hadn't seen since we left the area back in '07.  It was good to see him!!

Little Miss with Candice














Old School friends





















Mary Grace enjoying some snacks















Making s'mores over the fire pit























.


This entry was posted on Monday, September 24, 2012 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: