This month I read....
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt. It's been on my to-read list for years and I'm glad I finally worked it in. It can be depressing memoir at times... but, I was able to find it inspiring, too.

Next, I picked up John Adams by David McCullough. Jon and I watched the miniseries over the summer, and I really enjoyed it. The book was awesome, too. I learned a great deal about John Adams and realized that I identify with his ideals... more so than some of the other, better-known Founding Fathers.

Then, I went for a bit of an easier read, The Last Juror by John Grisham. John Grisham is so readable and this one was no difference... about a young man who bought a Southern, small-town newspaper and how he covered the town's news, to include a murder trial and subsequent threats on the jury. It was quick and interesting and hit the spot :)

.
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt. It's been on my to-read list for years and I'm glad I finally worked it in. It can be depressing memoir at times... but, I was able to find it inspiring, too.

Next, I picked up John Adams by David McCullough. Jon and I watched the miniseries over the summer, and I really enjoyed it. The book was awesome, too. I learned a great deal about John Adams and realized that I identify with his ideals... more so than some of the other, better-known Founding Fathers.

Then, I went for a bit of an easier read, The Last Juror by John Grisham. John Grisham is so readable and this one was no difference... about a young man who bought a Southern, small-town newspaper and how he covered the town's news, to include a murder trial and subsequent threats on the jury. It was quick and interesting and hit the spot :)


0 comments: