I think the fact that this is my 10th post during the month of October proves that it is my favorite month of that year. Holy Moly... ten!!
And, because I've posted so much, the only pictures I have left are shots of the kids school work, lol.
Other than the activities I've already posted about, this month we...
- had to do some serious fall clothes shopping. The weather had turned and the kids have grown a ton this summer.
- MG has been great with potty training since the summer, but this month we experienced some regression. I really think now that the novelty has worn off, and she's not praised to the moon and back for every success, she's just found some better things to do. We had one day at school this month that she messed all her back-up clothes and they had to put her in a Pull-up. She was NOT pleased!
- Jack has gotten really into non-fiction and this month's topic of choice is space, specifically Pluto. We've been reading all about it and why it's no longer a planet.
- I had a huge win at work as the driver of implementing a paperless concurrence process for Comp Service. Our go-live date was October 1 and we made the deadline. The month has been a challenge as we've been getting everyone up to speed, trouble-shooting, and trying to 'sell' the process. My Director seems to be pleased and it hasn't fallen off the radar yet. I've also been asked to give demos to folks outside the Service... pretty pleased with how it's gone.
- I'll be heading down the Nashville the first weekend in November, so I've planned a lot this month for that and been gearing myself up for Cheryl's retirement. On the 31st, when I realized it was the last day I'd be at work while Cheryl was (since I would be on leave her last two days), I had to take a few moments to cry in the bathroom. The planning for the trip has been exciting and tremendously sad at the same time.
- After Jack's first successful lesson, and since he was the only kid in his class, MG got enrolled, too. She's very timid and won't have any part of putting her face in the water.
- Uncle Ben bought Jack's costume, Hulk #2. Mary Grace was pretty consistent about wanting to be Little Mermaid, but we had to go all over town to find the right costume... I admit, I was a bit particular, lol.
- I've continued to try new recipes... this month's major success was Roasted Sausage, Peppers, and Sweet Potatoes based on this recipe I found on Pinterest. Absolutely Fabulous!
- After our pumpkin patch adventures, we all went over to Jack's friend Finny's birthday party. Jack and Finny and Mary Grace and Lucy were all together at Little People, and Finny goes to McNair... so, we keep running into them at school events and the grocery store. I like his parents and was glad Jon got to meet them, too.
And, now for the school work. First up ... Jack's!
I love how kindergarten introduces children to patriotism and citizenship. Jack already knows the pledge by heart :)


Jack's very first homework! We have to read every night and send this in on Friday mornings.
Jack's been pretty into volcanoes, too.
And, now for little miss's
.
And, because I've posted so much, the only pictures I have left are shots of the kids school work, lol.
Other than the activities I've already posted about, this month we...
- had to do some serious fall clothes shopping. The weather had turned and the kids have grown a ton this summer.
- MG has been great with potty training since the summer, but this month we experienced some regression. I really think now that the novelty has worn off, and she's not praised to the moon and back for every success, she's just found some better things to do. We had one day at school this month that she messed all her back-up clothes and they had to put her in a Pull-up. She was NOT pleased!
- Jack has gotten really into non-fiction and this month's topic of choice is space, specifically Pluto. We've been reading all about it and why it's no longer a planet.
- I had a huge win at work as the driver of implementing a paperless concurrence process for Comp Service. Our go-live date was October 1 and we made the deadline. The month has been a challenge as we've been getting everyone up to speed, trouble-shooting, and trying to 'sell' the process. My Director seems to be pleased and it hasn't fallen off the radar yet. I've also been asked to give demos to folks outside the Service... pretty pleased with how it's gone.
- I'll be heading down the Nashville the first weekend in November, so I've planned a lot this month for that and been gearing myself up for Cheryl's retirement. On the 31st, when I realized it was the last day I'd be at work while Cheryl was (since I would be on leave her last two days), I had to take a few moments to cry in the bathroom. The planning for the trip has been exciting and tremendously sad at the same time.
- After Jack's first successful lesson, and since he was the only kid in his class, MG got enrolled, too. She's very timid and won't have any part of putting her face in the water.
- Uncle Ben bought Jack's costume, Hulk #2. Mary Grace was pretty consistent about wanting to be Little Mermaid, but we had to go all over town to find the right costume... I admit, I was a bit particular, lol.
- I've continued to try new recipes... this month's major success was Roasted Sausage, Peppers, and Sweet Potatoes based on this recipe I found on Pinterest. Absolutely Fabulous!
- After our pumpkin patch adventures, we all went over to Jack's friend Finny's birthday party. Jack and Finny and Mary Grace and Lucy were all together at Little People, and Finny goes to McNair... so, we keep running into them at school events and the grocery store. I like his parents and was glad Jon got to meet them, too.
And, now for the school work. First up ... Jack's!
I love how kindergarten introduces children to patriotism and citizenship. Jack already knows the pledge by heart :)
Jack's very first homework! We have to read every night and send this in on Friday mornings.
.

0 comments: