There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

Unbelievably, we are at the beginning of another year.  I really love new years... I love the fresh start it represents and the possibilities that are ahead.

In the language of professional football, 2012 felt like a rebuilding year... we had some good times, but it still feels like we're in limbo. I'm hopeful that 2013 will give us a bit more stability and put us on a path for the future to good health, good times with family and friends, and prosperity.

I don't have an aversion to the term "resolution" however, it seems it's developed a bad wrap... so, instead, I look to 2013 with some goals in mind.

- I am planning to pull out the work I did in a Franklin Covey class I took a few weeks ago and develop my personal mission statement.  I'd like to live life a bit more purposefully with the end in mind... first things first, I need to figure out what my "end" is.

- Jon and I are committing to a date day and/or date night once a month... we rarely have time just he and I without the kids... this year, we will figure out how to do that more consistently.

- We plan on moving this year.  Our lease is up November 1, and before then, we need to figure out what our plan is... try to figure out where we want to be. We think we know... now just to work towards getting there.

- Every year, I have the goal to live more healthfully... this means a lot of different things.  I want to be more active personally and more active as a family.  I want us to eat at home more and do less snacking. I'd love to convince my kids that a treat doesn't come after every meal.  And, if as a result that means I lose some weight, that would be a happy, intended consequence.

- And, lastly, I'd plan on working on being a better friend and daughter/sister/wife.  I want to be more thoughtful towards those I love and do a better job of showing I care about them.

I'm hopeful for wonderful things in the upcoming year... for slowing down a bit and living a bit 'fuller' life rather than such a 'busy' one.  I wish only great things to all in 2013... Happy New Year, y'all!


This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2013 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: