There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

Holy moly did I make a giant scarf!!

I bought skein 1 of 4 used in this project a year and a half ago after Christy, Sarah S., and I took a knitting class at JoAnn's.  I loved the big, chunky yard the instructor used to demonstrate with so I bought some... then, didn't do anything with it.

Fast forward to my new knitting phase... and, I busted this out and had knitted the whole skein in a basic, stocking stitch.  I thought it looked great, but ran out of yarn, so moved on to Jack's scarf... then, I bought 3 more skeins online to finish it up, decided I liked Jack's mistake rib pattern better, undid the entire first skein of work, and started over ... and this is what I got :)



It is huge and heavy, but I happened to finish it the weekend before we got a nasty cold front... and, I was very happy to have it wrapped around my face walking to work that week.  It served as a scarf and ear
warmers, and I'm sure I could have wrapped it like a turban around my head (but, didn't).

The pattern is here at CrazyAuntPurl.com.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: