2013 got off to a great start this month...
- With not a little bit of sarcasm, my year started with Jury Duty. Sigh. It was a loooong, boring day and I never even got called back to a courtroom. But, my civic duty is fulfilled for 3 to 5 years (or, until I live in a difference municipality and I'll get called in the first 6 months).
- Snow threatened and school was cancelled for a snow day, but then it didn't really snow. I teleworked, which is a nice break from the commute regardless. But, then a couple of days later, they called an early release day - and, I left work a bit early, too - because of snow! Just can't seem to figure this snow thing out, lol.
- Jon's last day of work at US Cellular and Jackson's last day at before and after care was January 11. What perfect timing with snow confusion the following week, and the kids had a dentist appointment. Guess what, I didn't miss any work! And, we are slowly getting back to normal. Jon has been grocery shopping and planning dinners and the bathroom is cleaner than it's been in months. I do love coming home and seeing the van in its spot... here's to hoping I feel the same way when the second pay check stops coming in!
- Speaking of kids' dentist appointments... No Cavities!! Woot!!
- We had Uncle Andy and his girlfriend, Katie, over for dinner and a late Christmas celebration... we welcomed more Legos and Duplos and a couple of books to the house. My kids are loved!
- In sports news... the Ravens and 49ers are in the Super Bowl :) Really, any year where the Patriots get beat is a good one for me. And, this match-up has put Jon in such a conundrum. Of course, his sell-out adolescent self loved the 49ers back in the day and he has some lingering loyalty; however, at the beginning of the season, he "bought" the Ravens in an auction for the Super Bowl winner. If the Ravens win, he wins a couple hundred bucks! I am about even on the teams... I like Ray Lewis's commercials, but this Colin Kaepernick is a cutie... hmmm... decisions, decisions :)
- Oh, yeah, and the hockey lock-out is over.
- The kids are growing like weeds and killing us with clothing needs... I'm buying 4Ts for Mary Grace. She's sprouted up a ton in the last few months and clothes we bought at the end of summer are no-go's now. Jackson is so tall... he's in 8s and 7/8. We have giant children! Not too giant to cuddle and sleep with Momma every once in a while... even if the three of us made a family "H" with MG in the middle sideways between Jack and me :)
- Giant, funny children. Recently, Mary Grace started putting herself to bed when she's upset. And, she recognizes her own humor. She mispoke in the car one evening, saying "mis-snake" instead of "mistake." She cracked herself up and now mis-snake is in our vocabulary for all time!
- Mary Grace moved from the 2-year-old room at school to the Pre-School room! Unbelievable! But, she is so ready to move up and re-joins a number of her friends... I'm looking forward to seeing her new art and writing projects.
- And, Jackson has taken to writing us letters to ask permission for things... my favorite so far is below.
Here are a few pics of the month :)





Here is Jack's letter to us about what he'd like to do this summer.

And, it's not uncommon to find drawings when I sit down at the computer desk.

And, some of Jack's art work.






And, some of Mary Grace's art.


Look at those giant feet!
- With not a little bit of sarcasm, my year started with Jury Duty. Sigh. It was a loooong, boring day and I never even got called back to a courtroom. But, my civic duty is fulfilled for 3 to 5 years (or, until I live in a difference municipality and I'll get called in the first 6 months).
- Snow threatened and school was cancelled for a snow day, but then it didn't really snow. I teleworked, which is a nice break from the commute regardless. But, then a couple of days later, they called an early release day - and, I left work a bit early, too - because of snow! Just can't seem to figure this snow thing out, lol.
- Jon's last day of work at US Cellular and Jackson's last day at before and after care was January 11. What perfect timing with snow confusion the following week, and the kids had a dentist appointment. Guess what, I didn't miss any work! And, we are slowly getting back to normal. Jon has been grocery shopping and planning dinners and the bathroom is cleaner than it's been in months. I do love coming home and seeing the van in its spot... here's to hoping I feel the same way when the second pay check stops coming in!
- Speaking of kids' dentist appointments... No Cavities!! Woot!!
- We had Uncle Andy and his girlfriend, Katie, over for dinner and a late Christmas celebration... we welcomed more Legos and Duplos and a couple of books to the house. My kids are loved!
- In sports news... the Ravens and 49ers are in the Super Bowl :) Really, any year where the Patriots get beat is a good one for me. And, this match-up has put Jon in such a conundrum. Of course, his sell-out adolescent self loved the 49ers back in the day and he has some lingering loyalty; however, at the beginning of the season, he "bought" the Ravens in an auction for the Super Bowl winner. If the Ravens win, he wins a couple hundred bucks! I am about even on the teams... I like Ray Lewis's commercials, but this Colin Kaepernick is a cutie... hmmm... decisions, decisions :)
- Oh, yeah, and the hockey lock-out is over.
- The kids are growing like weeds and killing us with clothing needs... I'm buying 4Ts for Mary Grace. She's sprouted up a ton in the last few months and clothes we bought at the end of summer are no-go's now. Jackson is so tall... he's in 8s and 7/8. We have giant children! Not too giant to cuddle and sleep with Momma every once in a while... even if the three of us made a family "H" with MG in the middle sideways between Jack and me :)
- Giant, funny children. Recently, Mary Grace started putting herself to bed when she's upset. And, she recognizes her own humor. She mispoke in the car one evening, saying "mis-snake" instead of "mistake." She cracked herself up and now mis-snake is in our vocabulary for all time!
- Mary Grace moved from the 2-year-old room at school to the Pre-School room! Unbelievable! But, she is so ready to move up and re-joins a number of her friends... I'm looking forward to seeing her new art and writing projects.
- And, Jackson has taken to writing us letters to ask permission for things... my favorite so far is below.
Here are a few pics of the month :)
Here is Jack's letter to us about what he'd like to do this summer.
And, it's not uncommon to find drawings when I sit down at the computer desk.
And, some of Jack's art work.
And, some of Mary Grace's art.
Look at those giant feet!

0 comments: