There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

"You need not feel guilty about not being able to keep your life perfectly balanced. Juggling everything is too difficult. All you really need to do is catch it before it hits the floor!" — Carol Bartz

This was the quote in my calendar today and it struck home.

It's an interesting point in life when you acknowledge that even juggling is too difficult. Lately, I feel a bit more in control but, it comes and goes usually depending on how crazy work is... when I can't take care of some basic personal business at work, everything goes to hell.

Work is very stressful lately and the travel is demanding. I have begun to realize that I only see my son about an hour and a half to two hours a day during the week... which is depressing when I think about it out of context.

I'm rambling, I know.

Anyway, I need to remind myself that no one (but me) is expecting perfection and that it's okay to ask for help - clear, concise and out loud and not think, "I shouldn't have to ask." PS. Thanks Mom for instilling that one.. Jon battles it every day, lol.

But, since I'm rambling... does anyone know how to make time to make a to-do list? Probably should be doing that instead of playing on myspace. Sigh.



This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: