Beginning Sunday afternoon while we were at the Nashville Auto Show, Jack developed a pretty high fever and we could just tell he just wasn’t feeling well. See:
We gave him cuddles and tylenol and he made it through the day at school Monday but, when I picked him up, he was still feeling crappy and was feverish. I called the doctor but, didn’t want to see him since he didn’t have any other symptoms. He stayed home with Jon Tuesday and seemed back to normal. Fever gone, playful. But, this morning, he was at daycare about 15 minutes when they called me at work to tell me he now has a rash... on his head, behind his ears, on his chest and stomach. Okay, rashes freak me out. They’re gross so, I ditched out of work and we went to the doctor.
The pediatrician barely had to look at him because I told him what happened and he said, yup, he’s got roseola. Another disgusting kid disease. It’s not a big deal and the doctor said the fact that he’s in the rash stage means he’s not even contagious anymore but, still.
So, Jack and I hung out this afternoon. He seemed pretty back to normal but, then I think he had a stomache ache and scared the hell out of me because he just cried hysterically for about an hour. NOT LIKE JACK! I was freaking out and ended up ripping some pjs off to check for bug bites or other weird things. I called the doctor to see if this roseola crap was painful but, then Jack pooped and he was better. Damn tummy aches.
Here’s the best picture I have of Jack’s rash:
Gross little boy!

0 comments: