There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

This is what they said about Jack's development this week:

Your New Baby

If Jackson Edward reaches for a toy, don't expect him to make contact the first few times - he is still developing his hand-eye coordination. Rattles and dangling toys on a bouncy seat will help develop this dexterity. Vary his choice of toys to stimulate his curiosity - he's most intrigued by multi-textured toys, bright primary colors, and things that make sounds.

Jackson Edward will still suck on his hands for comfort and to help him cope with stress until his motor skills improve and he can manipulate other items into his mouth. Just expect everything Jackson Edward picks up (and soon, his feet) to go straight into his mouth for the next several months.

Although Jackson Edward's neck muscles have gained an impressive amount of strength in just a few short months, you may notice his neck still wobbles a bit, especially if you pull him from a lying position into a sitting position. Continue to support his neck when necessary.


Jack sucks on his hands all the time now, even to the point I think he perfers his fingers to his pacifier. He'll get his index finger in there and just sucks away. I ask him all the time if it tastes good. He's still checking out the toys that hang in front of him but, just as often he could care less. And, he'll wave his hands around but, I think he hits them more on accident than anything else.

My favorite Jack thing right now is his laugh. It's the greatest thing and I'll do any kind of stupid face I can think of to get him to laugh some more. It's very light and a bit breathy... I love it when he's giggly. Right now, he thingks Patty Cake is just frickin' hilarious .

And, he's getting so big. His three-month clothes fit him great now and I'm already starting to pack away the newborn things. I also hit some sales in the last few weeks trying to stock up on 12-month summer clothes for next year. Go me!


This entry was posted on Sunday, July 29, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: