Yesterday, Jack turned 8 months old. Unbelievable. It's just like everyone says... a baby makes time fly like crazy and they change more than seems possible in such a short time.
We had a huge milestone this week!! Jack is the proud owner of his first two choppers!!! He had been cranky with cold-like symptoms for a while and Tuesday night, I was up much of the night trying to comfort him. It's not unusual for him to wake at night but, I can usually get him settled by just giving him back his paci. Well, Tuesday, this was doing nothing and he was just inconsolable. About 330am, I decided I wasn't going to work and Jack and I stayed home. I was getting dressed and ready to go to the doctor's (they have early morning walk-in hour) when I thought to feel for choppers. And, there they were. We had seen them for a couple of days and could feel the ridges but, they had finally broken through in the night. Poor little guy got two at the same time. So, we just stayed home and rested and the baby tylenol did the trick. Here's the best picture I could get of the teeth... they're in there, I swear. I'll get a better picture soon. Please pardon the snot.
We had a huge milestone this week!! Jack is the proud owner of his first two choppers!!! He had been cranky with cold-like symptoms for a while and Tuesday night, I was up much of the night trying to comfort him. It's not unusual for him to wake at night but, I can usually get him settled by just giving him back his paci. Well, Tuesday, this was doing nothing and he was just inconsolable. About 330am, I decided I wasn't going to work and Jack and I stayed home. I was getting dressed and ready to go to the doctor's (they have early morning walk-in hour) when I thought to feel for choppers. And, there they were. We had seen them for a couple of days and could feel the ridges but, they had finally broken through in the night. Poor little guy got two at the same time. So, we just stayed home and rested and the baby tylenol did the trick. Here's the best picture I could get of the teeth... they're in there, I swear. I'll get a better picture soon. Please pardon the snot.

Other than teething issues, Jack is doing well... he's alot of fun and growing so much. And, he's quite an oink! He seems insatiable lately... it's common for him to eat a veggie, a fruit and cereal at every meal but, lately we've had to give him more veggie or even a bottle on top of that. Last night he ate a jar of turkey and sweet potato, a favorite, a container of carrots a container of apples and cherries and cereal. And, he was still fussy so, we gave him about 4 ouces shortly after that! What an oinky! But, once he's finally full, he's happy and giggly and loves to play.
Jack may not be completely mobile.. still not very interested in rolling or crawling but, boy does he love to pull up on us and grasps our fingers to pull himself to a standing position. If he's fussy, we'll stand him up and let him hang on to us or the couch or the outside of his exersaucer and he'll be entertained for quite a while. If he falls on his dupa, I usually say "Boom!" which he thinks is funny. He's even started making his way along things (but so far only backward) and he loves to hold our hands and walk towards us. I really think he's going to walk before he crawls! God help us!
And, this is what my email said about babies Jack's age:
Your New Baby
At eight months old, babies usually range from 25.25 inches long and 15.25 pounds (10th percentile) to 28.5 inches long and 20.5 pounds (90th percentile).
Once Jackson Edward starts pulling himself up on furniture, it's time to inspect your home for rocking chairs, recliners, and anything else on wheels or that's unstable. If Jackson Edward tries to pull himself up on an item that moves, shifts, or falls over, he can go tumbling (and the item can fall on top of him). Block his access to these unstable items as much as possible using baby gates or simply move the item to a room that is inaccessible to him.
If you are still nursing Jackson Edward, there may come a time when he just doesn't seem interested anymore. This is common in babies around this age. They are so interested in the world around them that they don't want to take time out to eat anymore - but it is generally just a phase and passes with time. When it's time to nurse, try moving into another room that is quiet and free of toys that could distract Jackson Edward. Turn off the TV and any other noises that might pique his curiosity. Also try nursing him when he is sleepy - a tired baby might be more apt to stop playing so that he can eat.
Jackson Edward understands more of what you say and he may comprehend common words like "ball" and "bottle." Satisfy his thirst for knowledge by reading him lots of baby books and telling him the name for everything. He's taking in every word!
At eight months old, babies usually range from 25.25 inches long and 15.25 pounds (10th percentile) to 28.5 inches long and 20.5 pounds (90th percentile).
Once Jackson Edward starts pulling himself up on furniture, it's time to inspect your home for rocking chairs, recliners, and anything else on wheels or that's unstable. If Jackson Edward tries to pull himself up on an item that moves, shifts, or falls over, he can go tumbling (and the item can fall on top of him). Block his access to these unstable items as much as possible using baby gates or simply move the item to a room that is inaccessible to him.
If you are still nursing Jackson Edward, there may come a time when he just doesn't seem interested anymore. This is common in babies around this age. They are so interested in the world around them that they don't want to take time out to eat anymore - but it is generally just a phase and passes with time. When it's time to nurse, try moving into another room that is quiet and free of toys that could distract Jackson Edward. Turn off the TV and any other noises that might pique his curiosity. Also try nursing him when he is sleepy - a tired baby might be more apt to stop playing so that he can eat.
Jackson Edward understands more of what you say and he may comprehend common words like "ball" and "bottle." Satisfy his thirst for knowledge by reading him lots of baby books and telling him the name for everything. He's taking in every word!

0 comments: