
I am a huge fan of New Year's. I love the fresh start it represents. I love the feeling of being rejuvenated. I love thinking about and setting goals for the year.
I don't really call my goals for the year resolutions... just goals that I'd like to accomplish. So, to get the year off to a right start, I'm taking the first step in accomplishing these goals by writing them down and sharing them with the world.
1. Be healthier
I'd really like to lose the last of the baby weight - from both kids - and in general, be living a bit healthier. My strategies for doing this are
- Lose 5 pounds a month until goal is met
- Complete the 100 Day Challenge - 30 minutes of movement every day; and, then hopefully continue once the habit is solid
- Eat less processed food
- Plan our meals so we're cooking more and eating out and/or convenience food less
- Be more active as a family
2. Read 1 Book a Month
I miss reading. During 2010, I read two books. The People of the Book and I reread To Kill a Mockingbird. This year, I'm going to figure out how to work in at least one book a month. January's selection is How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents.

3. Try 1 New Ina Garten Recipe a Month
I love the Barefoot Contessa. Love, love, love her. So, this year I'm going to actually use my two Ina cookbooks and make some of her recipes. January's selections are Jeffery's roasted chicken breast and roasted butternut squash :) I'm making it this Friday... Can't wait :)
It is my hope that I will blog occasionally throughout the year to report progress. At least for the books and recipes, I'm planning on doing review posts... the be healthier goal... maybe I'll post once a month about that.
These are the big three, but I'm also hoping to be a bit more organized this year, take care of issues - like house repairs and such - when they need to be done rather than putting them off, and finish some projects I've been wanting to do for a while - like hang the curtains in the spare room I've had for probably two years. I'd like to have a big yard sale this spring and purge (if I can pry the crap out of Jon's hands). I'd like to introduce Jackson to volunteering and start going through his toys and clothes with him for donating. I'm hoping to take a knitting class in February and do a bit of that, too. I'm thinking of joining a gym again. Variety helps :) And, as always, I'm hoping to run in pursuit of the special moments, the good times, the cuddles, and the laughs that are the constant and ultimate goals :)
I have a general sense that 2011 is going to be a big year for us. I'm optimistic and a bit nervous at the same time... just a general sense of anticipation. I know that whatever comes will be for the best and I'm trying to just sit tight and take it as it comes.

0 comments: