One of my goals for the year is to make one Ina recipe a month. For January, I went Back to Basics and made roasted chicken breast - an Ina staple - and roasted butternut squash.The chicken recipe is barely a recipe... it's so simple. I bought skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts because Ina swears by the flavor the skin and bone provide. I sprinkled them with olive oil and salt and pepper and roasted in a 375-degree oven for about 50 minutes.
At the same time, I roasted the squash. I had peeled it, which was a giant pain, and chopped it into half-inch cubes. Then, tossed it with olive oil (2 to 3 tbsp) and brown sugar (about 2 tbsp), spread it on a sheet pan and threw it in the oven with the chicken.
OMG, both were SO good. The chicken was a big hit and Jon even liked it - and, he never likes anything. I didn't eat the skin, but it was very flavorful without it. Jon and Jackson didn't eat the squash, but I absolutely loved it. It was a bit sweet and yummy caramelized. Absolutely, positively yum!
So, for my first try, I came away with two dishes I'd make over and over again. And, the chicken is a lot cheaper with the skin and bone. Yay for my Ina Recipe Goal!!

0 comments: