Our 2011 has gotten off to a great start :) For whatever reason, I feel like this month has been long, but not in a bad way... just full of a lot of fun stuff we've done and new things.
Mary Grace has had a big month... we celebrated her birthday with friends and Uncle Toby came to visit. We also weaned her off of the bottle and she is fully adjusted to milk cups and can drink out of a straw... she's also working on getting more new teeth, but this time molars. She had a couple rough weeks early in the month with all that going on. And, the girl can EAT. She's eating just as much, if not more, than Jackson lately... here's a good example of what we get her started off with at the beginning of a meal.

And, check her out using a new cup.

And, then an after, lol.

We've had quite a bit of cold weather and snow this month... three storms hit and one that we took a snow day for. Jackson's more willing to dress for the weather this year...

Jack's been busy telling us stories... stories that seem to go on, and on, and on... he does like to talk. He's also loud. We're working on his inside voice... a lot. And, he's been really in to forts. He'll pull chairs, pillows, boxes, blankets, and all his supplies to build a fort for himself. He builds forts in our room, the living room, his room... everywhere!
Jack in a fort behind the couch.

This month we went to Jumper's Playhouse - an indoor, inflatables place - with the Jordans, and we're hoping to make that a monthly date. We had a blast, mostly because we were the only parents playing! The highlight of my night was watching Jon 1. lean on an inflatable and it collapse underneath him until he hit the floor, and 2. watching Jon jump from the top of the slide and nearly bounce off on his way down. HA! We checked out Culver's for the first time that night, too. Whoa for the custard!!

I took the kids to to our library for the first time, too. After, Jackson told me, "I liked the library a little. Not a lot... just a little. When I'm not sick, I'll like the library a lot." To be fair, he hadn't been feeling well that weekend.
And, lastly... a bit of Jackson's art :)
This is the first of Jack's pictures that looks sort of like a person.

This is a self-portrait, with Daddy in the top corner. Jack was sure to tell me there wasn't enough room for his hair.

This one is Daddy, too... note the goatee.

I really had a bunch of fun stuff going on this month, too. We celebrated my birthday at work with a lunch at Logan's and we had our sisters' overnight retreat. We had a great business meeting for sorority and I really, really enjoyed Carrie's baby shower. The highlight of it all, though, was I took Friday the 28th off... Jon had left for Tunica and both kids were in daycare and I had the whole day to myself... it was fabulous.
Looking forward to what February will bring... it's already shaping up to be a hugely busy month with vacation right in the middle. Can't wait!
Mary Grace has had a big month... we celebrated her birthday with friends and Uncle Toby came to visit. We also weaned her off of the bottle and she is fully adjusted to milk cups and can drink out of a straw... she's also working on getting more new teeth, but this time molars. She had a couple rough weeks early in the month with all that going on. And, the girl can EAT. She's eating just as much, if not more, than Jackson lately... here's a good example of what we get her started off with at the beginning of a meal.
And, check her out using a new cup.
And, then an after, lol.
We've had quite a bit of cold weather and snow this month... three storms hit and one that we took a snow day for. Jackson's more willing to dress for the weather this year...
Jack's been busy telling us stories... stories that seem to go on, and on, and on... he does like to talk. He's also loud. We're working on his inside voice... a lot. And, he's been really in to forts. He'll pull chairs, pillows, boxes, blankets, and all his supplies to build a fort for himself. He builds forts in our room, the living room, his room... everywhere!
Jack in a fort behind the couch.
This month we went to Jumper's Playhouse - an indoor, inflatables place - with the Jordans, and we're hoping to make that a monthly date. We had a blast, mostly because we were the only parents playing! The highlight of my night was watching Jon 1. lean on an inflatable and it collapse underneath him until he hit the floor, and 2. watching Jon jump from the top of the slide and nearly bounce off on his way down. HA! We checked out Culver's for the first time that night, too. Whoa for the custard!!
I took the kids to to our library for the first time, too. After, Jackson told me, "I liked the library a little. Not a lot... just a little. When I'm not sick, I'll like the library a lot." To be fair, he hadn't been feeling well that weekend.
And, lastly... a bit of Jackson's art :)
This is the first of Jack's pictures that looks sort of like a person.
This is a self-portrait, with Daddy in the top corner. Jack was sure to tell me there wasn't enough room for his hair.
This one is Daddy, too... note the goatee.
I really had a bunch of fun stuff going on this month, too. We celebrated my birthday at work with a lunch at Logan's and we had our sisters' overnight retreat. We had a great business meeting for sorority and I really, really enjoyed Carrie's baby shower. The highlight of it all, though, was I took Friday the 28th off... Jon had left for Tunica and both kids were in daycare and I had the whole day to myself... it was fabulous.
Looking forward to what February will bring... it's already shaping up to be a hugely busy month with vacation right in the middle. Can't wait!

0 comments: