There's something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.

- Drew Barrymore

I've joined an informal reading group with some of my co-workers and this month's selection was Amsterdam by Ian McEwan. What a strange, little book. First, it's a super quick read. Just under 200 pages and interesting enough to get you hooked early. It opens at a memorial service for a woman who was a former lover of two good friends. The story itself is about said friends, their careers and the choices they make. It definately wasn't what I expected and had a very interesting resolution, if you could call it that.

While nothing spectacular, it was an interesting enough story that I would recommend. I'm definately looking forward to my group's discussion on Tuesday... and, as usually happens, I'll probably like the book alot more after we meet.



This entry was posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: